Technical Cleaning car seats in 500L Trekking

Currently reading:
Technical Cleaning car seats in 500L Trekking

Santosbodin

My new 2014 500L Trekking was delivered today and even my Lab got so excited she jumped onto the rear bench seat rarin' to go for a ride. To my dismay, she smeared her wet paws on the brand new fabric and left wet/soil stain on the thigh guard fabric.....yech! So I have now ordered scotch guard stain remover from amazon and also ordered scotch guard leather protector and chemical guys' fabric protector (scotch guard auto protector not available for another month). Does any out there know if there is a better option to remove stain and proof a fabric/leatherette seat?

URGENT

Last edited:
Not sure why but we find the seats in both our previous 500 and our current 500L very easy to mark and very hard to clean.

The 'check' trim in the 500 was a nightmare, readily showing 'water marks' after you had tried to clean them.

Hence we went for the cloth seats with a darker finish when got the L but these mark easily too, though not as bad.

We have not had this with previous none FIAT cars.

I use 1001 uphostery wipes to remove various curious stains that seem to appear on my seats. However, there is a caveat here - once you have removed the stain with the wipes, then wipe the patch as dry as you can with a clean towel or similar, or the wipes will themselves leave a water mark/stain on the seat. I know this to my cost..... :eek:

Back