Fiat Doblo 2012 FPSon

Currently reading:
Fiat Doblo 2012 FPSon

ElRe

Hi,

I have Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.6 Multijet 77 KW 2012 production year. Before 10 days I had car accident. Now on dashboard is message FPSon and I don't know how to reset it.

I can't start enginee.

Does anyone know switch off FPS?

Best Regards

I think it could be Fuel Pressure Sensor.

My best guess is the crash has activated the fuel shut off switch.

On my 2008 Doblo, this switch is located on the right side of the car. If yours is Left Hand Drive, look under the glove box on the passenger side and feel for a small hole, just bigger than a finger. Inside the hole you should feel a rubber covered button. Push until you feel or hear it "click" as it is reset.

FPS is Fire Protection Sytem, so Andoo is correct, you need to locate and press the switch.
The handbook should explain and show its location if Andoo's description cannot find it.

When the car suffers a sharp bump this switch pops, stopping the fuel pump, so preventing fuel being sprayed around if a fuel pipe is broken. A good idea to know where it is, as there have been reports of them switching off over big bumps or potholes. (I'd better take my own advice and go find mine)

If you are right hand drive, where your right foot sits there is a plastic cover at the side (under the fuse box) this is where you will find the hole.

However, I think yours is the face lifted model so I cannot be certain....

My Doblo is 263 model, left hand drive, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

For Doblo 2012 procedure

- KEY OFF (start conditon)
- KEY ON
- Activate right-hand direction indicator
- Deactivate right-hand direction indicator
- Activate left-hand direction indicator
- Deactivate left-hand direction indicator
- KEY OFF

isn't solution. I tried yesterdau but FPSon is still present.

Also, I tried to find switch for mechanical turn off FPSon, but I couldn't find it. Right, left side, i've looked for interior but couldn't find switch.

Today, Doblo will connect to Examiner hoping FPSon will turn off.

There is no information about this problme in Doblo's handbook.
I find out that Doblo 263 doesn't have switch for reset FPSon as was on older Fiat models.

So a simple problem has been turned into a long winded expensive problem, :bang::bang: WHY oh WHY do manufacturers do these things, along with the rear & front suspension problems on the newer Doblos I am definitely not going to get another

Last edited:
Problem is solved with Examiner.

How you resolve ?:cry: Please give me information how you made.

'Examiner' is the Fiat dealer diagnostic tool. When plugged into the EOBD socket it communicates with the car electronics and much can be interrogated or reset.

An alternative to the dealer tool, is MultiECUscan. Often mentioned on this forum, so have a search. This is software, so needs a PC laptop and some cables.

So a simple problem has been turned into a long winded expensive problem, :bang::bang: WHY oh WHY do manufacturers do these things, along with the rear & front suspension problems on the newer Doblos I am definitely not going to get another
Didn't know there was any suspension on a doblo, along with crap seats unbearable cabin noise,
Pointless 1.3 engine that only starts to pull when you're ready to change gear and top strut mount's seizing. They are great other than a couple of dozen other faults. Now got 1.6 Berlingo, better on fuel, can actually set off without feeling like I'm wreaking it and get over a speed bump without leaving my seat. Don't understand why Fiat make things that are worse than the previous interaction.

Last edited:
Come on Jazz tell it like it is.
"Don't understand why Fiat make things that are worse than the previous interaction".
That's because the majority of designers don't ask people who use the product & when they do think they know better. :bang:
Not just cars either.

For Doblo 2012 procedure

- KEY OFF (start conditon)
- KEY ON
- KEY OFF
Problem solved with that way. The indicators in the dashboard show you the way .
THANK YOU!! :slayer::slayer:

Back