Technical FiatECUscan

Currently reading:
Technical FiatECUscan

umike89

I use the FiatECUscan software on my Ducato 2002 without any problems. I tried it on a 1.3 diesel Panda recently and could not make any communication with the ECU.
Should I be using the same interface cable as for Ducato?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards Mike

Initially use the standard ELM cable.
I've found MultiECUscan to be a bit troublesome each time I use it. It seems to reset itself at each boot, so the settings have to be reset each time.

I think this is the way I've found works.
First connect the ELM cable, to PC and car, ign on, and let the computer see it.
Go into Device Manager and set the baud rate to 115200 and latency to 1.
Now boot MultiECUscan.
Then go into settings and search for the cable.
Set the baud rate as above.

I'll try to remember to go through this tomorrow and confirm or deny the steps.

Thanks for that Nigel. I will try those steps asap.

Regards Mike

the table on the MES site lists which cables are needed for reading WHAT on each specific car model, SOME appear a bit random..!! a bit random

http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

I couldn't get anywhere with the ELM on my 1.1 active, so used a KKL on the advice of a FF regular,
works perfectly.. : - }

if you've been having success with MES on the Duacto it's probably a cable / compatibility issue,

have fun..,
do let us know how you get on..,

Charlie

Charlie

Last edited:
At last, I've got around to trying the process and here are the steps that work for me.

Fire up the PC. Do not open MES (MultiECUScan) yet.
Connect ELM cable to PC and car, turn Ignition ON.
Computer may "find" new hardware, wait until it says "ready to use".
Open Control Panel, then Hardware and Sounds, then Device Manager. (Win7, others may vary slightly)
Expand "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Point at the COM port that is your ELM cable, probably the only one listed as you should have nothing else plugged into a USB socket at this time. Right-click and choose Properties.
Choose Port Settings, and change the Bits per second to 115200, default is usually 9600 which won't work.
Click "Advanced" and check that Latency is 1. Click OK and OK to exit this stage. Close All the Control Panel windows.

Now open MES.
Press F9 Settings, then Interfaces. See if interface is listed, if not press "Scan for interfaces". It should find yours as connected.
Once it has found your ELM cable, set type to ELM 327 1.3+ and under the Test button, set to 115200. Then test it.

If this does not work, try not to cry in the keyboard.

Charlie, I have a KLM cable, never managed to make it work.

If this does not work, try not to cry in the keyboard.

Charlie, I have a KLM cable, never managed to make it work.

tell me about it.., :rolleyes:

took the Idea to the Stanford Show,
got the MES official set-up on the job.. AND it managed to read the airbag fault..!!(y)

couldn't clear it though.. looks like a poor connection in the airbag circuit:bang:

small steps..:eek:

Got my new cable today. Had problems with com ports in device manager. Com port was on port 5 but the sub was on port 1. Got them both on port one now. I can still connect to all ECUs except the engine one. Fails to connect and says check port settings and cable. That's the one I need to connect to to find out what's going on with the triangle, engine lights and stop/start not available.

Got my new cable today. Had problems with com ports in device manager. Com port was on port 5 but the sub was on port 1. Got them both on port one now. I can still connect to all ECUs except the engine one. Fails to connect and says check port settings and cable. That's the one I need to connect to to find out what's going on with the triangle, engine lights and stop/start not available.

Thread revival...

Maybe ask the MES DOCTOR on Sunday

Check the 'bits per second' and 'latency'.

Back