Technical doblo window - how senses stop position ?

Currently reading:
Technical doblo window - how senses stop position ?

kezzy1966

Top guide wheel broke on electric window. Managed to fix it and get the tension back on wires around regulator wheel. While not mounted to car, not attached to glass, and electrics connected, I managed to push buttons to get it to travel down until the bottom. Then pressed the up...and up some more off the runner and cracked the clip that grabs the window.

Question: how does it know when to stop? I cannot see a stop sensor or anything similar on it. Does it just travel until the motor meets resistance and stop ? Is the 'one push' for up/down just use a timer? I am worried about attaching glass until I know how it works.

Electric windows for about the last 25 years all work on resistance to stop the risk of strangulation of small children and pets that might have their head out the window when it is closed.

They generally have a very clever variable resistance device built in. If they detect resistance at the start of the travel upwards they will continue to push hard until it can push no more and then will automatically stop. But if resistance is encountered over the last few inches of upward travel even the tiniest resistance will stop the window and some even bounce back downwards 20mm or so.

You will struggle to stop a closing window as it starts to close, but as it gets to the end of its journey it is easy to stop.

Back