Off Topic Fiat Doblo JTD Solid Flywheel CLutch Conversion.

Currently reading:
Off Topic Fiat Doblo JTD Solid Flywheel CLutch Conversion.

Scott7763725272

Doblo Dedication
Hi,

After waiting months in one of my previous threads, this company actually took the biscuit and we just proceeded for a refund.

You can actually now buy a conversion kit for this engine, these are now only available because of my months of nagging to them and they had 20 special made. i have since ordered one but not yet fitted.

This is the ebay link or the item number is 360723088589 and the company is the same company as before ''techniclutch''

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PUNTO-1-9-D-JTD-DMF-SOLID-FLYWHEEL-UPGRADE-CLUTCH-CSC-/360723088589?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3APunto+%2F+Grande+Punto&hash=item53fcc584cd

this is marked for the PUNTO JTD but the DOBLO JTD is exactly the same.

GET RID OF YOUR DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL AND BUY THIS WHICH WILL NEVER FAIL :devil:

Hope this can help anyone. as the dual mass is just ****. :yuck:

i would recommend this to everyone.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Alot of people are swapping to SMF

Why?
Well some cars the conversion kit is £300 Inc clutch

New DMF = £250
New clutch = £150 are figures i've seen for some cars

Thats £400

That £100 is a chung on labour paid off!!

Just make sure the flywheel and starter motor are able to engage tho

last thing you wanna find is they dont mesh :(

Ziggy

PITA as much as DMF's are, they serve a purpose. When I worked for Ford I saw a number of Transits converted. The result? 50% suffered broken cranks due to the increased vibration.

PITA as much as DMF's are, they serve a purpose. When I worked for Ford I saw a number of Transits converted. The result? 50% suffered broken cranks due to the increased vibration.

Thing is the clutch friction plates centre boss - does the same thing, okay the DMF probably did it alot better, but DMF do seem to fail
And cars were made WITHOUT DMF and didnt break cranks, it says something to me

You can buy the same engine 1 year of car without, the year after With - but the same engine?

So wait till either blows / slips / knocks then swap over

Ziggy

Yes, cars were made for years without DMF's however engines with them are designed from the outset to use them. They use a pendulum action to smooth out the vibrations etc whereas a clutch plate with a sprung centre only smooths out the connection between the engine and gearbox. I don't disagree that they are a pain and expense but, like cats EGR valves and DPF's, they are a feature of modern cars we have to tolerate. I used to moan about carbs and points, what I'd give to go back!

These will never fail ?? how wrong are you !!!!!

we have one of these kits and only lasted less than 6k , two springs Broke out, they are a bad fit on the input Shaft of the Gbox , also we found out the NEW csc unit had failed ... ,,, so if you want to put it in good luck

I have had recent new DMF/clutch fitted. Mechanic of many years in trade working on all marques stated the problem with converting back to solid flywheel is that gearbox/crank, (in a vehicle designed to have DMF) are not designed for shock loading, (plus poor quality of some after market kits), resulting in wear or damage. Yer pays yer money and takes yer chance!

30k still going strong, i say the person driving as if still normal and not taking into consideration the changes and gentleness this requires....the typical British response... How can this fail like a normal dual mass... Uhhhh this grinds my gears, the sprung drivin clutch plate failed, not the dual mass plate setup, your just like a typical person that complains about sand when sitting on a beach. Please close the cupboard door behind you.

I detest sand, hence why I don't sit on a beach....

I am a mechanic and see the mess people get their cars in with ignorance & stupidity.

If something works for you, excellent. However, it may not work for everyone ;)

interesting post, glad some ones made a solid flywheel for you, does anyone know if the 1.3 JTD on an 05 plate have a dual or solid flywheel? about to change my clutch and don't know if it has one, tried phoning a few dealers but got no definitive answers! Vans done 75K is it worth changing while I'm in there?
Thanks

Follow up on this.

after alot of miles. 60k.....

I would highly advise against this. :bang:

Tractor like feel and you must make assumptions on the solid mass flywheel is infact solid. so the next weak point is infact the gearbox or worse the big end. crank. (y)

Wear to final drive on gearbox is evident and the main shaft.

A dual mass flywheel is designed to absorb excessive torque and the friction/banging/clunking/frequency between cogs and bearings.

There is a reason they are there. why they have been designed like they have. but over the years the cost has come down. so its now cheaper to fit an original

After fitting a new complete dual mass and clutch as a cost of £212 for parts isnt bad. LUK

For anybody who knows these posts on here of mine, i still own the dobbin and has currently been a urinal point for my dog the past 2 years.still same owner since new. nearly 200k

I will have to post some recent pics up.

but back to topic.

SOLID MASS FLYWHEELS ON ANY DIESEL (especially TURBO) SHOULD BE AVIODED AT ALL COSTS.

you will hear horror storys beacuase the person/persons fitting it doesnt want you moaning like a seagul when something different to the part he/they/she fitted breaks.

Fit the dual mass and enjoy FLOORING IT WITHOUT THINKING ****E!!!!!!!!!!! WHATS THAT NOISE!!!!! CRUNCH :cry:

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Back