Technical Remote key not locking or unlocking 500L

Currently reading:
Technical Remote key not locking or unlocking 500L

joe2258

Hi was looking for any info about this before posting but couldn't find any,i have the 500L 2013 model,and about a month ago it was recalled for a software update,and ever since I have had difficulty with the remote key fob locking and unlocking the car,it does not seem to respond as it should,car is about 8 months old,sometimes it takes ages to lock car,after numerous button pressing,so thought must be the battery so changed to a new battery and worked for a day or two,then back to the keyfob not locking or unlocking and being very erratic,so before I phone dealer to get it booked in was wondering if you have to pair the key to the car or reset something after the software update,that maybe they did not do at fiat dealers when upgrading the software last month,anybody any ideas or suggestions,thanks.

Hi was looking for any info about this before posting but couldn't find any,i have the 500L 2013 model,and about a month ago it was recalled for a software update,and ever since I have had difficulty with the remote key fob locking and unlocking the car,it does not seem to respond as it should,car is about 8 months old,sometimes it takes ages to lock car,after numerous button pressing,so thought must be the battery so changed to a new battery and worked for a day or two,then back to the keyfob not locking or unlocking and being very erratic,so before I phone dealer to get it booked in was wondering if you have to pair the key to the car or reset something after the software update,that maybe they did not do at fiat dealers when upgrading the software last month,anybody any ideas or suggestions,thanks.

Only thing I can add is that the battery in ours went flat after only four months of use.

Are you sure the replacement was a good one??

Only thing I can add is that the battery in ours went flat after only four months of use.

Are you sure the replacement was a good one??

Thanks,yes battery was from a new packet,but tried the trick of putting key in ignition and turning to on position and pressing the lock button and holding it down,and it seems to have worked as car is now locking an unlocking again,very strange,cant understand how or what happened to cause it,but seems to have fixed itself,fingers crossed,and saves a trip to dealership too,thanks for replies .

Just a quick one incase this is of use to anyone in the future;

My Trekking was not locking properly, was very intermittent when using the remote. I thought it could be the battery in the remote but then the key wouldn't lock in the actual door.

What a nightmare when your car can't actually lock, and there was a 2 week waiting list at all my local fiat dealerships!

After two evenings of leaving it unlocked, as I was routinely checking that nothing was blocking any of the doors I noticed a connector from the car to one of the rear passenger doors had come slightly loose.

It's down at the bottom of the door, has a grey locking collar round it, and this had come loose. I tightened this back up and lo and behold it's been fine ever since, locked straight away.

Reactions: MJG
What's to dislike MJG?
I was stumped and if it happens to anyone else and it's just a question of checking that connection, that can only be a good thing eh?

It must have been kicked by the kids jumping in and out the back, and I'm sure I'm not the only one it'll happen to.

What's to dislike MJG?
I was stumped and if it happens to anyone else and it's just a question of checking that connection, that can only be a good thing eh?

It must have been kicked by the kids jumping in and out the back, and I'm sure I'm not the only one it'll happen to.

Apologies that should have been a 'like' - but my fat fingers on an iPad meant I hit the wrong 'thumb'. Now corrected.

Ah no problem!
Got me worried that I shouldn't have posted it, or got it in the wrong place etc!

As I said, if it saves someone else then that's a good thing.
Dan

Thanks,yes battery was from a new packet,but tried the trick of putting key in ignition and turning to on position and pressing the lock button and holding it down,and it seems to have worked as car is now locking an unlocking again,very strange,cant understand how or what happened to cause it,but seems to have fixed itself,fingers crossed,and saves a trip to dealership too,thanks for replies .
After I saw this idea comment I did:
1. Put in a new battery to my remote.
2. Sat in the Fiat 500 closed door put key in ignition turned to on and pressed middle remote button.
3. Remote locking and unlocking of doors has resumed after over a year of non working.
This really helped!!

this is the standard resynch on these after flat battery on car or key . some electrical blips need negative lead diconnecting from car battery for a minute then reconnecting to reset things after flat battery.

Back