Technical removing ignition barrel

Currently reading:
Technical removing ignition barrel

scott1982

Hi
Newbie to the site me, desperately trying to remove the ignition barrel on my doblo 2004 th key won'tturn at all I've been getting by using the jiggling method for some time !!
I have a new barrel and key but can't get the old one out someone told me I need to turn it to park then pull it out but it won't turn!!
Can anyone help please ?

Thanks
Scott

You gotta congratulate whomever came up with THAT little gem :rolleyes:

I mean, really! The ignition barrel is goosed or the key is lost, but the irony being that you have to insert a key to be able to remove the bloomin thing :bang:

Yes, fraid the only way to do it is jiggle.

You gotta congratulate whomever came up with THAT little gem :rolleyes:

I mean, really! The ignition barrel is goosed or the key is lost, but the irony being that you have to insert a key to be able to remove the bloomin thing :bang:

Yes, fraid the only way to do it is jiggle.

So jiggle it into park and then it slides out does it ?

You will have to remove the cowling then put the key to the first position and there is a tab/button that needs to be pushed in (with a screwdriver) to release the barrel. Just push the new barrel in and re-assemble.

What Scout said (y)

I just got home and was probably not completely "in" when I posted the reply :rolleyes:

Yes, position one, not back for parking lamps.

Have you been able to remove the shear bolts?

If not, that's a different story.......

What Scout said (y)

I just got home and was probably not completely "in" when I posted the reply :rolleyes:

Yes, position one, not back for parking lamps.

Have you been able to remove the shear bolts?

If not, that's a different story.......

All sorted , drilled it out in the end, not very subtle but did the job, taped the transponder in from the old key seems to be working ok. Thanks for the replies
Scott

Back