Panda 169 are a BEAST! xD

Currently reading:
Panda 169 are a BEAST! xD

Makarintosh

Hey guys and gals! Hope there are plenty of Panda 169 lovers out there :) Bought an 05 Red Panda as my first car and I am in love!

I prefer it more than the 12 Golf I had to drive in for my driving lessons!

Anybody know of any good online stores where you can buy parts for a fiat panda 03+?

Haha!

Nothing crazy anyway! Like I need new rear seat pivot brackets because the ones I have are pretty rusted and I just wanted to replace them because diy-ing them will make them look a bit scary.

Other than that I wouldn't mind knowing sites where I can buy spare parts and so on.

But I am looking to get some rims on the car soon because it looks a bit plane with the hud caps.

Thanks for the info and the welcome :)

Welcome to the FF :)!

I'm not surprised the Panda is more fun than a 2012 Golf; there's not a lot which is more boring than a (presumable diesel?) modern Golf.

Your insurance company will want to know if you put non-standard wheels on it, be prepared to pay for driving a "modified" car.

Oh really? Well I don't think i'll be doing it anytime soon anyway in that case :) still I plan on making the interior more aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to be in.

Ordered a new head unit, new gear knob and gaiter, and I will be taking out all the panelling, cleaning and painting them black because I am not a fan of the grey :/

Hello and welcome!
There are lots of great little thing you can do to make your panda your own, enjoy your journey and if you need any help just ask!

That's awesome, thanks :) I'll be posting pics of the mods I do as the car is coming along in any case.

Oh really? Well I don't think i'll be doing it anytime soon anyway in that case :) still I plan on making the interior more aesthetically pleasing and comfortable to be in.

Ordered a new head unit, new gear knob and gaiter, and I will be taking out all the panelling, cleaning and painting them black because I am not a fan of the grey :/

look in the GUIDES for tips on how to remove trim items ;)

charlie

Thanks Charlie :) I've swapped the gaiter so far on the gear. Waiting for other parts to come in. Ordered a set of HID H4 6000k light set for the car today. The lights I have now suck but hopefully this will liven the car a bit.

Thanks Charlie :) I've swapped the gaiter so far on the gear. Waiting for other parts to come in. Ordered a set of HID H4 6000k light set for the car today. The lights I have now suck but hopefully this will liven the car a bit.

HIDs are illegal and dangerous, especially in a Pandas reflector headlamp units. In addition to this i doubt your insurance company would be happy about you fitting them, and you must tell them of ANY modifications you make!

Cancel the HID order and get uprated headlamp bulbs such as Ring Xenon Max or Osram Nightbreaker Plus, better results, safe and legal (y)

HIDs are illegal and dangerous, especially in a Pandas reflector headlamp units. In addition to this i doubt your insurance company would be happy about you fitting them, and you must tell them of ANY modifications you make!

Cancel the HID order and get uprated headlamp bulbs such as Ring Xenon Max or Osram Nightbreaker Plus, better results, safe and legal (y)

Thanks for the details Most Easterly Pandas, but I had a look around and people in Ireland are ok when it comes to HIDs. As far as the NCT goes (yearly vehicle road worthiness check), people seem to pass them ok even with 8000k.

I picked 6000k specifically because they are just normal clear colour rather than that blue or purple crap. Can understand on some kind of fun car like a drifter or something but I would not want them on the roads that's for sure.

Either way, thank you for the heads up :) This is exactly what I was looking for in a forum for this AMAZING car :LOL:

Dont be fooled, passing an NCT doesn't make them safe or mean that they're legal, or socially acceptable (y) They pass some MOTs in the UK but are still illegal.

You'll be making no friends on here in fitting them, only one member to date on here has taken the steps to fit them in a safe and acceptable manor on a mk3 Panda and that involved a lot of work :)

By all accounts the NCT has tightened up on aftermarket HIDs recently and they are very likely to fail the car on it. It'll of course depend on the tester that you get, you might get lucky.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

That's annoying as they have already arrived...
Guess I could keep them for a track car in the future then. That is a bit of a shame though :/

Thanks for the info guys.

I couldn't decide what wheels to put on mine (was toying with Punto or 206 15" steelies) but in the end painted my hub caps. In my opinion they look OK, and still 'standard'-ish.

Back