General Oil too up

Currently reading:
General Oil too up

Low3y

Need to top my oil up today, anybody got any ideas how big the oil tank is in a 60 plate 1.4 GP punto evo? & also what oil would you recommend any good brands? Thanks

Need to top my oil up today, anybody got any ideas how big the oil tank is in a 60 plate 1.4 GP punto evo? & also what oil would you recommend any good brands? Thanks

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

type in YOUR reg, and you'll get the grade.. and a list of different oils,

they WERE doing a buy oil + get a free filter offer recently ;)

as I would always change ,rather than top-up, ( 4 Litres should be enough..!!)

charlie

SAE 5W-40 ACEA C3 synthetic oil to FIAT 9.55535-S2 certification

the sump takes upto 3.2L of oil from empty

as for what oil this is what im using it was on offer a month or 2 ago at thirty quid... so shop about as you should be able to find it cheaper

http://direct.asda.com/Castrol-Edge-Engine-Oil-5W40---4L/001022057,default,pd.html

im going to move this to the evo section whilst im at it so its in the right place :)

Last edited:
Am I the only Fiat owner with a handbook?

The handbook will tell you the oil grade.
The handbook will tell you how much oil to top up between min and max on the dipstick. Most cars give a 1litre difference min to max, but Ford use 0.75litres on the Fiesta. Best time to top up is when the oil is halfway between the marks, then put half a litre in. As the oil level drops the oil works harder, so if left low will use it faster, and the engine will wear quicker.

Thank for your replies guys, topped up today I bought the castrol that you posted before I saw your post! Thanks for the info! Change my wiper blades over now whilst I'm at it!

Am I the only Fiat owner with a handbook?

The handbook will tell you the oil grade.

valid points, (y)

but in my experience,
it's also VERY easy to see / choose the WRONG engine type / oil requirement..:eek:

from the sometimes extensive table's in a "one size fits all" owners handbook,

hence the suggestion of going by Reg plate..,;)

Charlie

Know when the evo came out both halfords and eurocarparts were fetching up the wrong oil grade.....

this is what halfords now shows on line
PUNTO EVO ACTIVE (1368cc PETROL, 3 Door HATCHBACK)
Sorry, we haven't found any matches for your car online, but if you contact your local store, they'll try to locate the item you want. Enter your postcode for details.

Last edited:
Back