Technical Erratic function of windscreen wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Erratic function of windscreen wipers

Hi! Hope I have better luck here than in Tempra section :)

Sometimes, but in recent times more frequently, it happens that the windscreen wipers would work erratically, e.g. if I choose intermittent operation, then they will randomly do two or three "wipes" instead of one. Also, sometimes if one wants to stop the wipers, they would continue their operation for some wipes then stop.

I noticed it may happen that the wipers don't stop in their correct position, but in a little bit higher position.

I read that the wiper electric motor has some contact for knowing there it should stop, could it be it got worn and so, while not sensing the end position correctly, it starts another "wipe" until it senses the stop position?

The relais in fuse box and wiper lever themselves seems to be working just fine, I can select all the intermittent speeds, only sometimes I got more wipes than needed...

Thank you!

Hi,

I think this is a common problem, I don't have details or experience but I think you must open the "control unit" (remove the trim below the windscreen?) and clean the electrical contacts (and maybe add electrical grease).

If you search there should be older threads about this on the forum.

I think I must do this on my Tipo also...

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I found a new complete motor, genuine FIAT spare, quite cheap and so replaced it completely, will try to clean the mechanism of the old one and keep it as a spare.

Does anyone know the pinout of the motor connector, so that one could try it off the car?

Back