Styling Bulbs! Interior, Number plate & Boot.

Currently reading:
Styling Bulbs! Interior, Number plate & Boot.

Thwaite

I'm going to be changing the bulbs in the Interior, Number plate & Boot.

Firstly i've got a bulb out on my number plate, my boot is also out & my back passenger centre light as-well as my front passenger sun visor. which is pretty much the reason why i've thought to do the whole lot in one go.

Another reason for posting this thread is that other seem out of date & i want to make sure I'm buying the right bulbs so I'm not being haunted with the orange triangle of doom on my dashboard.

Preferably looking for all white lights, to give it a brighter feel from the disappointingly dingy current ones I'm suffering with.
Any help is welcome :worship:

Well the side ligbt bulbs and number plate bulbs are size 501. This is standard for most cars nowadays ha ! And the front headlights are size H4.

I also like you was looking for a whiter light (without a HID kit) and the closest i found were on amazon. Just search H4 xenon in amazon and there are some by philips and osram which are probably your best bet :) good reviews on them aswell !

Also, if you go for L.E.D lights in the sidelights, you will get an error on the dash saying your lights dont work even though they are ha !

Cheers for the reply Ch1pmunk Joe,

I've managed to work my way around some of the lights, got some cheap ones (£4) off eBay for my headlights nice & bright - no error on dashboard thankfully!

Also got some 501 blue bulbs to stick in my boot they where only around £2! but they're pretty rubbish if I'm honest can't see anything in my boot. (n)

Also used the old side light from my front headlights for a temporary fix to my reg lights, but i've ordered some white LED bulbs for the reg plate and the seller is going to send out some resistors as-well to avoid the dashboard error.

Still i want to replace the sun visor lights & interior ones. I've counted 5 bulbs in total i'm pretty confident they are festoon 42mm, I'm wondering will these trigger the dashboard error if they are interior bulbs?

Attachments

• DSC01035.JPG
    DSC01035.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 89
  • DSC01037.JPG
    DSC01037.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC01038.JPG
    DSC01038.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 108
Is thay rear pic with the number plate bilbs in I ordered 2 a week ago just needs putting in now :)

Cheers for the reply Ch1pmunk Joe,

I've managed to work my way around some of the lights, got some cheap ones (£4) off eBay for my headlights nice & bright - no error on dashboard thankfully!

Also got some 501 blue bulbs to stick in my boot they where only around £2! but they're pretty rubbish if I'm honest can't see anything in my boot. (n)

Also used the old side light from my front headlights for a temporary fix to my reg lights, but i've ordered some white LED bulbs for the reg plate and the seller is going to send out some resistors as-well to avoid the dashboard error.

Still i want to replace the sun visor lights & interior ones. I've counted 5 bulbs in total i'm pretty confident they are festoon 42mm, I'm wondering will these trigger the dashboard error if they are interior bulbs?

Did you get LED sidelights?

Best lights to get for stuff like your boot light (mines very bright) number plate lights too would be on ebay just search 'canbus led' and look for the one with the most smd which is how many led's it has, my number place and boot led's have 13 and they're superb,

Replaced interior light too they vary on gp's though so you might have a different one to me

Still will get the orange triangle with leds unless you fit an extra resistor, canbus ones will work but still have the orange light, and standard led's wont work at all

Paterson1 - the rear picture of the car is with standard 501 side lights nothing fancy about them at all! Admittedly they look alright on the picture but not too clever looking in person.
Urbex - i didn't get LED side lights i got "H4 100/90w High/Main Beam Xenon HID Headlight Lamps Bulbs" on eBay from autoperformanceonline
kyle96 - Can you link me to what you got for your boot, light wise? I've had a look about but I'm unsure if we are looking at the same thing, also regarding the orange triangle of doom on the dashboard will that pop up concerning interior bulbs & boot bulbs?
I've discovered it does for number plate ones already!

Thanks for the replies!

Ft
[
kyle96 - Can you link me to what you got for your boot, light wise? I've had a look about but I'm unsure if we are looking at the same thing, also regarding the orange triangle of doom on the dashboard will that pop up concerning interior bulbs & boot bulbs?

Thanks for the replies!

I'm not too sure actually about the inside lights I know number plates will cause the triangle, the boot light is just a bog standard led same as what fits in your number plate lights and is easy to get at I recommend the biggest white smd led you can get on eBay mine works great. The interior light is a funny one you'll have to take yours out and see what it is I think it varies with different age models of GP. mine was a festoon bulb about 40mm I think which you can also get as led but yours might be different

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Attachments

• IMG_5090[1].JPG
    IMG_5090[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5091[1].JPG
    IMG_5091[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Very nice! It definatly makes everything easy to see in my car too, I was thinking of getting the later model GP light which has 2 separate lights, add one normal yellow bulb and one bright one for when I need them. I didn't know 5 doors had a light in the back either!

@Paterson1 - the rear picture of the car is with standard 501 side lights nothing fancy about them at all! Admittedly they look alright on the picture but not too clever looking in person.
@Urbex - i didn't get LED side lights i got "H4 100/90w High/Main Beam Xenon HID Headlight Lamps Bulbs" on eBay from autoperformanceonline
@kyle96 - Can you link me to what you got for your boot, light wise? I've had a look about but I'm unsure if we are looking at the same thing, also regarding the orange triangle of doom on the dashboard will that pop up concerning interior bulbs & boot bulbs?

Thanks for the replies!

Waits for the - headlights dont work / Headlight connectors melted / Car failed MOT / People keep flashing me / my lens' seem cloudy

As using 100w bulbs is double whats intended since it should use 50 or 55watt bulbs

All that extra heat has to go somewhere....

Oh and 100W bulbs aren't road legal btw :) So expect alot of people to dazzle you back as you dazzle them

Your gullable for believing a bulb with the words Xenon HID in it....
Xenon is a gas for a white light
HID is a completly different system

Ziggy

Back