General New 500L ''ladybird''

Currently reading:
General New 500L ''ladybird''

ItalianStallion89

Hello everyone,

Long time no see:D
https://www.fiatforum.com/newbie-central/176994-hello-greece.html

My girlfriend bought this beauty 3-4 days ago . She named it ''ladybird'' :eek: It is a (stock) red 1,6 multijet (105) lounge . However , I am her representative here and her driver (she is taking driving lessons currently as she wants to gain some confidence with the new -for us- driving style).

Actually its my second time driving a diesel car (we weren't allowed to drive diesel cars in Athens until 2013) and I am very pleased with the engine torque and low revs driving.

The 2 first days I had a problem with gearbox , reverse jumped out but the last two days everything run smoothly. Nevertheless, I found clutch too soft (I used to drive an alfa romeo gt for 6 years). Even the driving lessons car (a brand new Audi A3 1,6 Tdi) I found it soft too.
I believe I will get used to it.

Overall , I really enjoy to drive it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive with very nice handling. One negative aspect was that they provided only the two front floor mats. It's unacceptable I think according to the cost of this car.(n)

Last edited:
Welcome back to the fiatforum! Very nice choice of car. We've got the 1.6 diesel 500l trekking, and we love it. Like you say, the only negative is the floor mats - I resent having to pay £55 for a set of 4 mats from lineaccessorie just so I can get a complete matching set. However, with two boys in the back, I will have to buy them soon!

Welcome back to the fiatforum! Very nice choice of car. We've got the 1.6 diesel 500l trekking, and we love it. Like you say, the only negative is the floor mats - I resent having to pay £55 for a set of 4 mats from lineaccessorie just so I can get a complete matching set. However, with two boys in the back, I will have to buy them soon!

I really like trekking edition !(y)
I think you will need these floor mats a soon as possible :p But I cannot understand why you should pay more for something that they should provide. The ''funny'' thing is that my gf paid 25pounds for the 2 front floor mats. :bang:
I don't remember buying a fiat which came without standard mats. And it is outrageous for the trekking edition to come without 4 standard mats.

Welcome!

A nice looking car and a good set of pics. which show it off nicely.

We only got front mats too and had to haggle for those too, UK dealers too seem a bit anal about supplying floor mats with cars, given how little they must cost them it is irritating I agree.

Keep an eye on reverse jumping out - it could just be a linkage adjustment thing or (very unlikely) it could be something more serious.

Welcome!

A nice looking car and a good set of pics. which show it off nicely.

We only got front mats too and had to haggle for those too, UK dealers too seem a bit anal about supplying floor mats with cars, given how little they must cost them it is irritating I agree.

Keep an eye on reverse jumping out - it could just be a linkage adjustment thing or (very unlikely) it could be something more serious.

Thank you very much !

Actually I am driving it everyday just to check if the reverse keeps jumping out. From day 2 it runs smoothly , all gears engage easier, no jump out etc.

I know I should be cautious . Last time I had a jump out of fifth gear on my Seicento , next day gearbox destroyed. :slayer:

Last edited:
Good morning from Glasgow. My girlfriend and I , we decided to run some miles with ''ladybird''. Actually , I'm very satisfied with its stability and its comfortable driving.
Another positive aspect is the fuel consumption.

Lets have some figures.

From day 1 until yesterday my fuel consumption was 39.4mpg with 15 miles/hour average speed and 82 miles driven in total.(mostly with 1st-2nd-3rd gear)

From Birmingham to Glasgow : 51.1 mpg, avg speed : 53mph, travel distance 286.1 miles in 5:22 hours.(1 hour driving in urban areas and 4.30 hours in highway -6th gear-)

From Birmingham to Manchester I had the best fuel consumption until now:
62,5mpg , 32 mph avg speed.

I think that ''ladybird'' has the potential to drop its consumption further. The engine is still ''fresh'' (~370 miles) and I need more time to adapt my driving style to the car.

Overall, we are pleased with ''ladybird'' !

Last edited:
Back