Technical Blue to me

Currently reading:
Technical Blue to me

Ian Stockings

Punto Evo Dynamic 1.4
The Blue to me does not seem to work. Nothing happens when you press the phone button or the Windows button on the steering wheel. If I plug in a phone in the USB port it only charges it not operates it via the steering wheel controls. Any suggestions

Blue and me is a bluetooth connection. If you put your phone in via the usb it will charge and try to read it as a memory stick. Accessable from the steering wheel for storing music on. To use your phone via blue and me turn on your bluetooth on your phone get it ready to search. Then press the phone button on the steering wheel where it will ask you to say a command. If I remember right I said 'sync bluetooth' it then should talk you threw. Once you said that search for bluetooth connection on your phone and you should find 'Blueandme' click it and your car will tell you a 4 digit code to type in on your phone and after that it will be remembered so eberytine you have your phones bluetooth on and you turn on your car it will automatically sync up. You xan then use the phone icon on the steering wheel to make selections or like I do press the phone and say 'call (friends name)' it will then ask you if you want to call that person or not. Pressing the phone icon again is easier than saying yes to. And to hang up hold the phone icon. Its alot simpler than ive made it sound but I hope this helps.
All the best.
Danny.

thanks for your help. It turned out to be a wire behind the stereo that had shorted out I only found out when the auto gearbox would go into 4th gear Luckly all under warenty . Main dealer in Norwich wanted £90 + vat just to plug in a tester.!!! Regards Ian

Back