General Panda 1.2 Lounge

Currently reading:
General Panda 1.2 Lounge

Marcus1

I am thinking of changing from a Punto Evo 1.2 My Life (61 plate) to a brand new Panda 1.2 Lounge. The reasons are that (I believe) the Panda will be more fuel efficient and also I want a smaller car (as well as a new car on a new 3 year warranty!)

What are peoples thoughts of the new Panda? I once owned a very old Panda (it was my first car, a little 1 ltr E Reg Panda, great mechanically but a complete rust bucket!)

Any feedback much welcomed

Always said I would never have a Fiat. Ran Audi's, VW's etc prior to retirement. Wife wanted a new Panda so bought a Twin Air 18 months ago. Absolutely gob smacked by it. Build appears very good, grat fun and extremely practical. Dealer standards seem to be a little patchy but apart from that, all good.

Geoff.

Thanks for the reply, was originally with a dealer in a different town, but they couldn't offer me anything than a 500 (not practical with 2 kids!) so went to another one (closer to home) and they've come up trumps.

Hello Marcus1!!

A friend owns the Punto 1.2 and he says the fuel consumption is terrifyng... well, the car has run olnly 2000 km, and almost always under city driving.

But I have the Panda 1.2 Lounge since may 2013, 15000km, and my REAL combined consumption is 6.1 l/100km, about 46Mpg. Even, I've noticed since the last 4-5 full refuelings with BP gasoline (before that, I used to refuel in a no-brand station, nearer my home), the consumption is noticeably lower.

About the rest of the car, I'm in love with it, hehehehee. OK, it hasn't lots of power, but I can travel highways over the legal limits without any problem. If you know how to play Tetris, the boot is very capable. I didn't buy the car with the 40/60 back seat, but get that option if you can, I wish I had...

Once, I had to take my three nephews home, and had no problem with fitting the child seats. Me driving, my girl and the 3 demons back. A baby car can travel in the boot, too.

I feel the Panda, compared to any other car, is just another concept, another philosophy. Practical, reliable, no unneccessary luxury... Also, I have another 1998 Panda 4x4 Sisley, the new one maintains most of that philosophy, but "modernized".

Please tell us if you finally get the Panda, I think you will really enjoy it. And good luck!! Cheers!!

I did exactly that! Had a new punto evo 61 plate and changed to a panda 63 plate. Both had 1.2 petrol engines.i am very pleased with the panda and have not regretted the change! The Panda is more nippier than the punto and a lot more practical and it rides nice and I think it looks more stylish. Fuel consumption is slightly better but not massively so. Had punto for 2 years with no problems so hope the panda is the same. Have been very impressed with new Fiats so in 2 years time will change for a 500 l.:)

Well I've phoned the dealer (it wasn't the one I got the Punto from), they are doing the finance proposal tonight and I am getting the keys next Thursday on my new 14 plate Panda Lounge, quite looking forward to it, I like the Panda, it's a nice little car and now I don't need a boot to fit a baby buggy, I'm sure it will be great.

Nice silver body paint, interior is the standard sand/biege fair but it certainly looks better than the E reg Panda I owned many years ago!

Sounds great Marcus1!(y)

The 1.2 Panda is a great choice for a family car. Cheap to run, insure and tax, fuel efficient, great fun to drive, loads of little nooks and crannies to fit bits and pieces in, a decent enough boot that is a great shape to fit all sorts of stuff in, easy to park, easy to get kids in and out of the back, great visibility, a reliable and proven engine...

You bored yet?!!:D

I spoke to the garage I bought the Punto from today (they were trying to hound me into buying a Fiat 500), they flatly refused to do anything on a Panda (apart from a 4x4 which was out of my price range), they are confused as there is negative equity on the Punto and don't know how Northgate (Canterbury) ahve dealt with this.

Should I be concerned that something might go wrong?

I wouldn't worry too much. I was in negative equity too and shopped around many dealers. Some were not interested in doing a deal and others were quite happy to cover the outstanding finance or incorporate it into a deal. As long as you are happy with the monthly payment and the term then don't worry too much. My dealer is covering the remainder of my current finance deal, others would not.

I hope that is the case, the way my day is going so far it had better be.

There are really good deals out there on the Panda 1.2's.
We've just got a Lounge with optional paint, Gap, Smartcrap, etc for £104 a month.

Seen Easy's at £99 and Pop's at £89 pm, both with no or very low deposits!

Probably a bit late for you, but it's worth printing these off and taking them with you to the local dealer, it puts them on edge trying to match them deals!

Always ask what discounts are available, I got £1750 of my Antarctica just for being an NHS slave, but there's a massive file the dealers have with discounts for different empolyees and empolyers and asking is free!

Last edited:
Turns out the car is ready earlier than first thought so off to collect it tomorrow, can't wait (and now they are throwing in some free insurance too)

I did exactly that! Had a new punto evo 61 plate and changed to a panda 63 plate. Both had 1.2 petrol engines.i am very pleased with the panda and have not regretted the change! The Panda is more nippier than the punto and a lot more practical and it rides nice and I think it looks more stylish. Fuel consumption is slightly better but not massively so. Had punto for 2 years with no problems so hope the panda is the same. Have been very impressed with new Fiats so in 2 years time will change for a 500 l.:)
By then there is a big Panda XL. ;)

Fiat-Panda-XL.jpg

That Panda XL looks fantastic! Think I might look into that in a couple of years time.

Well picked up the Panda, found out I got the interior wrong and it's in the blue, it's lovely and drives so well!

Only problem is that on first filling it up, the trip computer reckons it only has 304 miles in the tank...is this because of the bedding in of the engine?

Back