Ducato 2014 wiring ??

Currently reading:
Ducato 2014 wiring ??

Sowts

Hello all
Joined up as I have an issue
Last week I removed my tow bar wiring from my 2010 autotrail Comanche on a Ducato chassis the wiring was fitted by a company and has a black box ( think it's some kind of relay) it buzzes when you indicate )that was connect to the wiring that runs between the seats

On going to to today I've now fitted the tow bar and electrics to my new shiny 2014 autotrail chieftain again on a Ducato chassis but this one doesn't have the wiring loom in the same position as my old one

Has anybody got any ideas where I now connect my towbar wiring
the cable to the socket comes into the battery box exactly the same as the one I removed it from

Please help !!!!

Has it got a bypass module fitted? On mine there is a bypass module fitted in the battery box which interconnects to the tow bar wiring. The bypass module incorporates the towing indicator buzzer.

Hi rayc
Yes I guess the black box I'am referring to is what you call the bypass module
It was after this ( working away from the tow bar ) that I disconnected from the fiat wiring loom on the old one
Wrote down all the colours and connections but now the new one hasn't got the loom in the same position where the old one was so I'm a bit stuck

Yes that's what I've got just don't know where to look for the wiring loom to tap into as I say before on my old one it ran under the carpet next to the battery box but this 2014 model the loom must be somewhere else this is the information I need where's my loom ???

Thanks for you help any way

Those units require a live feed and then connection to the loom for all the different feeds, ie, left ind, right ind, etc etc, the cable from the trailer socket plug then connects to the other terminals on the unit. Unit should have clear markings on it for all the connections. You can buy looms to connect them up but they are expensive, I fitted mine for about €5 worth of wire and an inline fuse for the live feed.

I suspect that the loom that the OP refers to as being in his old motorhome was part of the towing wiring kit and not part of the cab wiring. That is why he cannot find a loom in his current one.

Yessssssssss
Found it
Took up a extra bit of flooring that autotrail fit and under there was a fiat cover and under there the lost wiring loom
The old camper the loom must have been slightly further forward

Now just need to work out the colours I need as the colours in the loom are different to the old loom colours
Any body got a 2014 fiat Ducato wiring diagram ??????

Back