Technical 56 scudo won't rev

Currently reading:
Technical 56 scudo won't rev

LIFTEX

Hi, looking for a bit of help,I help out on Doblo forum sometimes. Had a call from friend with 56 JTD Scudo last wed, van wouldn't rev off idle, stopped in on way home didn't have reader with me but had a good TPS and swapped, ran fine revved ok, so left. Been ok until today, same problem, went round on way home and read codes, P1614,P0190,P0235,P0121,P0221. These seem to have a common link probably 5v supply,does anyone know pin number to check supply at ECU, or have any other ideas. Freebe job as friend been ill for a long while so want to try and sort asap for him and get him mobile, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks John.

Hi, just an update, sorted problem maybe of help to someone else. Fault was water had got into connectors going into ECU, dropping 5v supply. Disconnect battery, remove earth wires by ECU, remove ECU by 3 x Torx, gentley remove three wiring plugs, clean plugs and Ecu pins with contact cleaner, I had a small nail file to clean off some pin corrosion, be careful not to bend any pins.Clean pins/plugs again, before refitting plugs I smeared a little waterproofing grease around rubber seals to add protection and refitted. Clean earth connectors and body connection,apply protection and refit earth and ECU. Reconnect battery and check/clear codes, hey presto all good and fixed, no codes and runs fine.Hope this helps someone else,John.(y)

Back