General Advice Needed

Currently reading:
General Advice Needed

baz83

I own a BLACK (1996 P) FIAT CINQUECENTO S.

I want to put a cd player in and also make it more presentable, maybe some alloys on it, spoiler etc.

I am not really wanting to improve performance like engine mods or anything, just a few upgrades like the interior, gear stick/handbreak and pedals, mats etc.

Any advice and tips would be great.

If u change the gear stick, please please buy the OMP adapter before you start..! otherwise your likely to chop the gear lever to bits and end out with some dodgy system to get into reverse.. the adapter only costs about ten pounds and has all the instructions to make life easier.. the cinq does not have a screw-on gear knob!
Hope that helps!
Rie

fABULOUS, fEMALE aND tOTALLY fLIPPED

Motor World (don't know if they are anywhere near you) are doing checkerplate mats for about £15, handbrake handle pulls off if you try hard enough.
Wouldn't go for 14"s or 15"s on an 899, will make it feel a tad slow.
You could always paint the interior like a tarts handbag like mine (as my mate's mam saidB))

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Yeah my mate said that about the alloys also, I am basically after some nice seat covers that fit the front and back seats and cover the headrests.

Also any tips on a cd player (just the ones that take one cd at a time, no changers or anything) that I can get fitted in and just use the existing speakers, and/or perhaps put two speakers in the back on the parcel shelf.

Thanks In Advance for any help.

You can get a single slot MP3 player for around the £150 mark, get 10 albums on one disc:) The existing front speakers will always give a sound with little bass, worth putting a set of speakers in the back shelf. I got some £60 Kenwood 6x9's which sound quite good.

You could always find a sporting in a scrapyard and swap the whole set of seats over... the sei ones look a touch more classy and fit straight in too.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

OK, so how does the single slot mp3 players work, take the mp3's off a computer and onto a special disc? Or is it just write them onto a standard cd and then the mp3 player takes the cd??

Also, so I could go to a scrappy get the seats from a sporting, front and back and they go into the 1996 Cinquecento S??

Cheers

MP3's - you convert the .cda music files from an audio cd to .mp3 on a computer and burn them onto a cdr / cdrw disc. Bung them in the player and Robert's your mother's brother.

Seats, as far as I understand, have identical mounting points. Sei seats need minor moding to the rear seat catch to make them fit a cinq (i.e. bat it with a hammer). If you can, get the front door cards too (assuming you find a cinq - sei door cards are different) as the fabric matches the seats.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Hi Pete, thanks for all the help mate, can you have a look at these two auctions and tell me if I should go for them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3049613413&category=18798

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3043867220&category=3292

Once I get these is it relatively easy to install, and what is the best way of gettting the speakers into the parcel shelf.

The head unit is the same one for sale in Motor World for £150, also from www.bassjunkies.com for £140 + £10 P&P, they also have a Sony with remote for £10 more.

Those 6907 speakers are the same as I have in my cinq, they work well. You can get them for £40 + £10 P&P from www.bassjunkies.com too.

If you decide to bid, just bear in mind how much you can get them from elsewhere and don't overbid!:)

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

I have a brand spanking Rockford Fosagte head unit for sale still in box. Yours for £100.

BRAND NEW.. Still in box.. unwanted gift.

Rockford Fosgate RFX 9020R

AM/FM/CD/CDR/CDRW compatable
50watts x 4
3 pr 2.4v preouts
100 ohm source impedance
Selectable 80Hz LPF
10 character dot matrix multicolour LCD
Silver mechanical flip front..

Sorry for poor pic and the carpet (my mother's taste)

post-10-46504-seicento_075.jpg

banner2.jpg

Fiat Seicento SX - Clear indicators | Rockford Fosgate RFX 9120 HU | Sony Xplod 6x9s | Kenwood midrangers | BMW Mini tweeters |

What is the best way to fit the speakers into the parcel shelf.

Also Pete, do you have an amp and do you reccomend getting one. Or will the standard front speakers and the 6x9's in the parcel shelf give me a good sound.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will keep an eye on the auction and if it works out cheaper I will just get them off one of those sites, but I think £124.95 for that headunit is about the cheapest, although now tempted for the sony one for £10 extra;)

This site is a real find, it sorted out a few problems for me when i first goy my cinq (april) and it just passed its mot, have put in new exhaust, brakes, shoes, fixed the handbreak problem thanks to pete's sticky topic:).

Now just trying to get it looking that wee bit better, and I really need a cd player now!!

Cheers Guys.

I don't have an amp in mine, just running Kenwood 6x9's in the back and Kenwood 10cm's in the front. It's quite loud enough for driving along, but you may not win any sound-off's!

To fit the speakers, they should come with a template - mark the parcel shelf out and use a jigsaw or chain-drill it out.

Glad we're of some help:)

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

Your of more than some help! I am just away to order the sony head unit and kenwood 6x9's from bassjunkies, alot cheaper than off ebay.
If you were going to get an amp and a bass box what would you recommend, just don't want to buy one and find it does not fix in the tiny boot!!!

cheers

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by baz83
Now just trying to get it looking that wee bit better, and I really need a cd player now!!

Cheers Guys.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

^^^^ lol. I can understand if you dont want it!

banner2.jpg

Fiat Seicento SX - Clear indicators | Rockford Fosgate RFX 9120 HU | Sony Xplod 6x9s | Kenwood midrangers | BMW Mini tweeters |

Here sorry mate, i did not even see your post i've got abotu 9 internet windows open and have been flicking through them maybe never refreshed it.

Thanks for the offer but i am gonna go for the sony one from bassjunkies.

Cheers

Cheers Pete, today has been really mental, i have been looking at too many pictures of smart cinqs, i started off wanting a cd player with back speakers, now i want also abarth replica bodykit, the afterburner light covers, cup mirrors etc, etc:D

Pete you know how you said don't put 14" or 15" alloys on it because it is only a 899cc, what do you reccomend on tyre front, i have alright trims on them from halfords, I am sure the tyres on just now are 13"s, but they are really narrow, what about something a bit wider.

I've got a couple of amps for sale if your interested, Alpine Flex4 and a JBL p.80 both four channel and both very good and came 1st and 2nd in one of Max Powers amp tests, £80 each or £150 the pair

It were proper Bo i tell thee!!​

Thanks for the offer mate, but i have decided that i am just going to go for 10cm's in the front, and kenwood 6x9's on the parcel shelf, as I do not really need anything that loud!

Back