Styling Fiat Strada Abarth Interior Ideas

Currently reading:
Styling Fiat Strada Abarth Interior Ideas

richglobe

Just seeing if anyone has any ideas for the interior in the Abarth. They are the standard Recaro buckets and I've seen some pictures of the Abarth Punto Evo (leather suede with red and yellow stitching)and was considering re upholstering in that style. What does anyone think ? Searched for the original black and red/grey and black fabric but no joy.

Finding original black / red bar material next to impossible these days.

The same material was used on the Fiat Uno Turbo and that car has been the source of many a reupholster on the Strada Abarth. Like the Strada the near seats never really got used so they wear ideal donors along with the rear side panels.

The only interior fabric change we have done was to the headlining. They eventual drop. Replaced our black vinyl with a lovely grey velour material. It is the only non original trim/component on the car but does wonders in lifting the interior in both light and perceived space.

With the vehicles you have recently bought I would be looking to try and do a double act. One set of seats in original trim and another in custom. Just having the original seats and trim available increases the value of the car even if you don't use them.

If you can re-trim to original then I would get leather slip over side bolster 'socks' made to protect the fabric underneath. You'll need to do this to both the lap bolsters and the body side supports.

This Uno for sale on here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=29800&cat=27

has the correct material on it's seats.Not a cheap option route,but you COULD consider it!

Failing that, see the pics of the interior of my 130 in my gallery- they are red&black,done by a previous owner, so you can see whether you would want to go down a non-original route.

Back