Technical DPF-there is some hope!

Currently reading:
Technical DPF-there is some hope!

martinfr

Thought I would spread a bit of hope.

Last year my Doblo 1.9 (120hp) was behaving as if it had a typical case of blocked DPF. P1206 errors started occuring every 700 miles. I could clear and force a regen via Multiecuscan, but the frequency of the errors increased to around every 300 miles. I don't do any urban driving so was most upset!

Using Multiecuscan I could see that all the sensor readings were sensible and predictable. There weren't any random error codes. I could watch the DPF clogging and the max pressure readings until the error got triggered.

Eventually, even the forced regen started failing. I had checked all the usual suspects (MAF/MAP/EGR/DPF pressure pipe) and all was well.

With a Fiat quote of £1600 part only for the DPF, I took a punt and simply replaced the DPF pressure sensor at £60 (the single hose version). I had seen a comment that these go out of calibration so it seemed worth a go.

I am pleased to report that nearly 3000 miles later I have had no more errors.

My advice - do not jump in too fast and gut/replace the DPF. The Bosch pressure sensor may be giving what look like reliable readings, but don't trust it!

This begs the question - when are cars going to get sensors to monitor their sensors?

Funny that I should check back today! Pretty easy to change the sensor once you get the car in the air. Once you get right underneath the electric and hose connection is straightforward.

Still all working fine by the way.

where oh where did you get the DPF pressure sensor from, I'm in exactly the same boat as you.......word for word!:eek:

please please help!

Back