General My EVO sport

Currently reading:
General My EVO sport

TheAlfacode

Hello everyone , i was introduced here as a Bravo-future buyer but i found some money and voila! My EVO 135 sport is here!
9wbt.jpg

nw9v.jpg

1jh5.jpg

Last edited:
Long time no see and that's the results of the mods i have done.
Exhaust handmade and removed mid silencer
1896759_10202249210606013_1981421171_n.jpg

1004706_10202240729433989_1555962548_n.jpg

carbon tinted mirrors
1912106_10202375259757163_1461764145_n.jpg

1921926_10202397148224361_1042267867_n.jpg

Looks very nice mate, my carbon mirror covers should arrive this week sometime! That exhaust looks lovely! Did you make that yourself? And any chance you could put a vid up of the sound aha? cheers

It's handmade from the store i had the exhaust made.
We drove the filter to the corner so that is as far as possible from the engine for more cold air.

So it's been a while....
Here is a video of a sprint with my baby
Hope you can see it from my fb page.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203529437450884&set=vb.1062837860&type=2&theater
Nice car mate, one piece of advice though... Remove the Abarth badges! Stick to the fiat name because it's nothing to be ashamed of on this car. I have the exact same 135bhp model and would never swap the badges, you wouldn't put a Ferrari badge on something just because it's Italian ;). If anything you'll get Abarth owners looking and sniggering at the fact they know it's not real, all bad publicity if you ask me. Don't try and be something you're not that's my moto, I'd reccomend this that's all... completely up to you really. But I'm sure I speak for many people :)

Anyway, how did you do the wing mirrors? are they bought like that as an aftermarket park or wrapped?

Cheers, Olly.

Last edited:
Thanks for your post but have in mind that we are not all trying to copy an abarth or be ashamed of something.
I decided to put the badges cause are far more beautiful than the fiat ones.
And if Abarth owners are about to snigger for two abarth badges, they should tell me so that i could do the same with their fiat motor and chassis.
I hope you'll understand my point and not get angry.

Long time no see and news are pretty good.
Ipurchased and installed a forge wastegate with the yellow spring and replaced the oils with agip 0-30 to test the function of the multiair,
The 0-30 lubricant seems perfect for MA and time will tell us if it is consumed or not.
But up to now it saves fuel, runs really smoothly with the cold weather and revvs a bit more "joyful".
Next thing is that the wastegate changed the function of my motor.
Now till 2500 rpm or so you cannot understand if the car is turbo or not and up to the redline you feel a whole new car more powerful. My car as a first stage at 5000 rpm was more sound and less power, now 6000rpm is like 4000rpm full of power,
I am going on Tuesday to reprogramm the ECU so that exhaust and wastegate are working fine and will repost.

10538550_10203880100857250_7549771244012153265_n.jpg

Looks good, waiting your news after tune :)

But one thing, putting 0w30 in this engine is a really bad idea.
Original oil is 5w40, you have to use this oil in this engine. You know well in mechanics as I can see, and you know most of MA failures are related to inappropriate oil.

What is your idea with changing to 0w30 ?
At least you should use 0w40 to respect the hot properties of oil. Lowering the value will result in a less resistant oil film to lubricate the parts, and can result with a dead engine if oil film is ruptured...

Multiair egineers around the world agree that the MA unit needs as thinner oil as possible cause it runs through the MA alla the time and has to lubricate everything perfectly, so it cannot damage it,in worst case scenario it will consume it so i will go back to 5-40.
New 0-30 lubricants such as ENEOS keep really good characteristics even in same high temps as 5-40 would do.Also, without an intercooler on summers i keep my foot up even with 5-40 (at least as long as i have stock intercooler) so no fear.
Lastly,new specs for Alfa Romeo G MY 2014 manufacturer reccomend 0-30 so we will see....

Lastly,new specs for Alfa Romeo G MY 2014 manufacturer reccomend 0-30 so we will see....

Ok, apart if it has a revised engine (I dont think so) you have less risks than I was imagining. ;)
Interesting, I think they are doing this to lower consumption.

MA engineers around the world ? I dont think anyone will give another recommendation than what is in car manual / official tech docs.

I understand thinner oil will be better for MA unit, but with lowering hot value risk of breaking oil film raise. A lot of people increase this value when they go on track to avoid this case of dramatic issue.
Effectively, if you are not always full throttle you should not have any issue.

Maybe i didn;t described it correct, i mean even in 5-40 every lubricant has different behaviour than another depending on addings etc so the thinner your lubricant even in 5-40 the better.
And this is logival if you consider that it has to run through multiair all the time.
But as i said time will tell.
Itried them now that i have got 15.000 km and there is no "risk" so that i can share the results.

Good news lately.
Went for ecu upgrade because of the exhaust and the wastegate.
Now from 165 my Punto runs on 175 hp with the same torque which even high revs is still there.My car now accelerates reaaaally good and you feel that she holds the power even in high revs.The overboost gives you a slight kick tha you couldn't clearly notice before.

Last edited:
Back