Technical help with palio 1.2 8v 2000 model

Currently reading:
Technical help with palio 1.2 8v 2000 model

ayanda

Hi guys can you help me with my 2000 palio 1.2 8v I'm new here and don't know many things about cars. The car is stalling when I start it and when on 1st gear it miss fires badly and has no power completely no power please help even bought injectors change pump did cylinder head I'm lost

Spark plugs are fine there is a spark its not running at all can't drive it coz it there no power can't drive on a small hill its just a sitting duck now with no warning lights on the dash nothing help me guys

hi, basics 1st.

are the spark plugs o.k., ?

to test the spark pug leads,
run the engine in the dark, looking fro blue flashes( like lighting), and maybe hear crackles,
does it always run badly..or isi ti o.k. when warmed-up?,
Charlie

Checked the spark is there what else could I check coz petrol pump and filter is fine I'm beginning to think I won't ever run

Timing (belt) of..??
It doesn't start at all?
If it crancks, spray some start spray into the inlet, and see if it runs for a short time...
If it does run, no matter how bad, drive to the nearest ( Fiat) dealer, and have the ECU read.

Spark plugs are fine there is a spark its not running at all can't drive it coz it there no power can't drive on a small hill its just a sitting duck now with no warning lights on the dash nothing help me guys

disconnect the battery..for a few hours,

charge battery of you can,

then retry..may help reset something electronic,
crank engine in dark looking for stray sparks..that will help eliminate power issues,

as peter Says you MAY have cam timing issues..??
quite simple to check, look in Guides = punto,

Charlie

Back