General 500A from USA

Currently reading:
General 500A from USA

mynodelic

Hey guys,

Since the essesse is very expensive in the middle east, its much cheaper to import the US version since we deal with $ not Euro.
Anyways, before importing one, I need to check if the dealer who have the european version can be my garage for the US version.

I know i can call and ask but i'm sure they will say that it's different so i can go buy from the dealership of course. So I need to have some knowledge about this maybe showing some knowledge will make them say : yea of course!!!
I've been their customer since 2000 so maybe this helps :p

Thanks guys!!

Hey guys,

Since the essesse is very expensive in the middle east, its much cheaper to import the US version since we deal with $ not Euro.
Anyways, before importing one, I need to check if the dealer who have the european version can be my garage for the US version.

I know i can call and ask but i'm sure they will say that it's different so i can go buy from the dealership of course. So I need to have some knowledge about this maybe showing some knowledge will make them say : yea of course!!!
I've been their customer since 2000 so maybe this helps :p

Thanks guys!!

They are different yes so you may have to order some spare parts from the USA, but for basic maintenance and service you shouldn't have a problem, the Fiat 500 is a fairly basic car.
And if you are ordering it new, from what I know the warranty is 2 years WORLDWIDE so Fiat would have to help you out if it broke down.

yea the car is 2013 under warranty.

Any idea what are the main things that are diff from the european? thanks

The US engine is multiair rather than t-jet. But power is roughly equivalent.

There are some changes to the interior to suit the US market and lots if other bits underneath.

Not sure if spec varies by state, but when I spoke to a Fiat / Alfa dealer in Doha they said they would special order something equivalent to Gulf spec. Not sure if US spec varies by state/region but I guess you'll be wanting decent cooling.

Ended up buying in the UK as I left Qatar to return home.

Back