Technical Front drivers side wheel arch

Currently reading:
Technical Front drivers side wheel arch

Paddy Gentle

So I was driving from mine over to my girlfriends and started hear a nice knocking sound. Fearing the worst I pulled over and checked out the car. Though it may be a flat as my rear drivers side wheel has a slow puncture and I haven't had the time or money to repair it.

Took me a good ten minutes to work out that the plastic around the inside of the wheel arch towards the front had broken loose from its screws and was banging and scraping against my wheel.

Was just wondering if anyone else has encountered similar problems?

Seems like and easy fix. Looks like I need to take the screw and and re attach the plastic. My only concern is that the wheel has worn a slight hole in the plastic. Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks for any feedback

Paddy

Never had that problem in fact usually the arch liners are a pain to remove as they are sprung outwards....

from memory they screw along the front edge into the bumper then in the case of the drivers side into the cam protection cover...

As for the hole it depends where it is.... nothing a bit of thick plastic from say a margarine tub and a bit of silicone wouldn't solve then a bit of black spray paint to hide it

Have the same problem after swerving to avoid a deer and split the arch cover, did you manage to source a new one?

Back