General Egr problems

Currently reading:
General Egr problems

Elxpunto90

Hi there can I fit a vauxhall Astra egr to my Punto mk 1 elx 90 1.6 as they look the same ?

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1385734554.869858.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1385734567.633615.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1385734580.285298.jpg

yep, i blanked off a egr on a corsa b 1.2 16v the other day. Blank came from a polish guy for that too as it happens. Not spoken to the owner yet to ask if it made noticeable difference but if forums are to be believed they go noticeably better. She has constant eml on that though cause it don't work, causes the tb to clog up eventually. car ain't worth anything so thought we'd try one of these blanks to stop tb clogging.

contemplating dpf removal and egr blank on my alfa atm. Just cause dpf's are a silly invention but the egr apparently clogs on them without the dpf.

Not done blink test yet but have replaced every sensor apart from egr and air temp sensor or air filter pipe

I have cleaned egr 3 times still no different is the piston inside supposed to be loose going in and out

I've tried a blanking plate and it sounds awfull with I pinking noise so scrapped that idea going to get a vauxhall egr for it

Back