General Help regarding heated electric mirrors

Currently reading:
General Help regarding heated electric mirrors

Morning all!

I was wondering if any of you 500L owners are able to confirm whether your electric mirrors are standard or heated?

The reason I ask is because I believe the mirrors used for the 500L are the same as the new shape Panda. My Panda has heated electric mirrors which were a £50 option.

However, as per this thread I am having trouble trying to get replacement heated mirror glass:
https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/337449-important-info-re-heated-wing-mirrors.html

Your help would be most appreciated!

Morning all!

I was wondering if any of you 500L owners are able to confirm whether your electric mirrors are standard or heated?

The reason I ask is because I believe the mirrors used for the 500L are the same as the new shape Panda. My Panda has heated electric mirrors which were a £50 option.

However, as per this thread I am having trouble trying to get replacement heated mirror glass:
https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/337449-important-info-re-heated-wing-mirrors.html

Your help would be most appreciated!

I don't believe they are nor do I think they were even available as an option (in the UK)

The copy of the brochure I have only refers to electric adjustment and the manual only refers to the heated rear window switch operating just that single item. As you will know normally heated mirrors work in conjunction with the HRS.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the info. What you have said is what I suspected having read the 500L brochure this morning.

The funny thing is that we ordered our car back in April 2012, and I remember playing around with the Fiat configurator later on in the summer; the only option I could add then was electric mirrors. Never thought too much of it at the time, but now it all seems to make sense:(

I have got a horrible feeling that Fiat has just decided to discontinue making them...hopefully I will get to find out next week!

Thanks very much for the info. What you have said is what I suspected having read the 500L brochure this morning.

The funny thing is that we ordered our car back in April 2012, and I remember playing around with the Fiat configurator later on in the summer; the only option I could add then was electric mirrors. Never thought too much of it at the time, but now it all seems to make sense:(

I have got a horrible feeling that Fiat has just decided to discontinue making them...hopefully I will get to find out next week!

I was surprised TBH as it wasn't something I particularly looked into when buying our 500L. I would have expected they would have at least been an option given heated front seats and front windscreen are but it appears not.

Maybe an option in other markets though, particularly in colder climes so it maybe still be possible for FIAT to source one.

Hope you get sorted.(y)

As far as I can tell the us spec has them standard, but the uk spec has them as optional.

As far as I can tell the us spec has them standard, but the uk spec has them as optional.

Unfortunately that doesn't tally with the UK options list in the most current brochure. So I'm still pretty sure about the situation in the UK.

Of course it's entirely possible the brochure could be incorrect ours did come with an 'errata' sheet covering a couple of errors covering the engines.

But the 500L spec. on the FIAT USA web site does indeed confirm they are std. over the pond.

pkHPMU0.png

I saw mine in action this morning when the morning frost melted right off on a cold Cleveland, Ohio morning.

Reactions: MJG
They can be very handy no doubt in that, and a bit of an commission over here -(in another Cleveland!) :)

I would imagine that the North Sea is providing a few frosty damp mornings. I remember Plymouth in November, and that is a slightly warmer body of water.

Well curiosity got the better of me and not having had cause to try to use them weather wise just yet I thought I would try this afternoon.

Switched on the heated rear screen and lo and behold the mirror glasses DO get warm so it appears the UK spec. 500L does have the same spec. mirrors as the US version. (powered AND heated)

It's just a pity that the folks that write the brochure and the manual don't seem to know this.

I'll PM the OP in case they don't see this.

Last edited:
Back