Moving on again...p

Currently reading:
Moving on again...p

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Well it's time for me to let go of the excellent i30.

It's been an awesome car, ownership was reliable, easy & cheap.

And now I'm doing the unthinkable... Going back to Ford after 19 years around quite a few other manufacturers.

I'm getting a great deal on a PCP for a 1.0 125bhp Fiesta Ecoboost. My car has 17 inch alloys & tinted glass with an upgraded DAB audio system.
Really looking forward to collecting the car towards the end of this month.

The deal was SO good that my daughter is getting out of her 10 plate Swift to follow the same route as me!

How did you find the 1.0 125bhp?
Personally I found it a bit lacking so ended up with the Suzuki SS after my previous Fiesta which was great in most respects (y)

We were 3 up to test drive and TBH it was nippy!

I have no complaints, I mean its not like a remapped GP Mjet but with £0 road tax an Fully Comp insurance of £129 I couldnt resisit.

Lets say, for a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder car with a titchy turbo its pretty damn good!

I love the fact the cambelt is run in oil and wont need changing (yea I know we'll see)

How did you find the 1.0 125bhp?
Personally I found it a bit lacking so ended up with the Suzuki SS after my previous Fiesta which was great in most respects (y)

We were 3 up to test drive and TBH it was nippy!

I have no complaints, I mean its not like a remapped GP Mjet but with £0 road tax an Fully Comp insurance of £129 I couldnt resisit.

Lets say, for a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder car with a titchy turbo its pretty damn good!

I love the fact the cambelt is run in oil and wont need changing (yea I know we'll see)

foxy in a fiesta you sure you fit?

I got fit since we met Dave, only 14 stone of me now and the Fiesta is pretty big inside, which I knew in advance of course cos Mrs Ffoxy has a 1.6 Metal Fiesta anyway, the 1.0 feels quicker!

How long you had the I30 now? What mileage you done in it out of interest :confused:

I did 40,000 miles in it MEP. Never let me down.

Cant remember exactly when I got it but never regretted it.

Not that the GP was bad, but I did get twitchy about a few of the more expensive mechanical failures I was seeing, like gearboxes, DMF & clutches, turbo's etc.

Was looking at getting one of those to replace the micra will be interested to see how it goes for you. Out of interest whats the real world mpg? I guessed it would be about 40ish depending on the weight of your right foot.

Was looking at getting one of those to replace the micra will be interested to see how it goes for you. Out of interest whats the real world mpg? I guessed it would be about 40ish depending on the weight of your right foot.

Hi Steve, yes, we all know the quoted Manufacturers figures are a bit optimistic lol... but I dont get the car until the end of November but I spoke with a few guys on the OC and they vary between 38 & 55 depending as you say on the weight of the right foot.

I'd be happy with that, I don't expect a small turbo motor to be more efficient than a conventional engine with the same power. You going zetec or titanium?

AA Driving School are using the 1.0 123 bhp Fiesta. Horrid thing. Highly strung, very sensitive on the throttle, makes it hard work to drive. Goes like stink when you want it to, but small compensation. Will make you grin, never make you smile.
With learners, its getting 42mpg. Exactly the same as the 1.4 4cyl NA before it. Without learners should be better.

I've also driven a 100hp Focus, heavier car and lower state of tune, very nice package.

Hopefully you'll like it, but it is easy to live with if not enjoyable.

(You may have guessed I don't like it much.)

Zetec S Steve, with 17 inch alloys , tinted glass and the Sony DAB audio.

AA Driving School are using the 1.0 123 bhp Fiesta. Horrid thing. Highly strung, very sensitive on the throttle, makes it hard work to drive. Goes like stink when you want it to, but small compensation. Will make you grin, never make you smile.
With learners, its getting 42mpg. Exactly the same as the 1.4 4cyl NA before it. Without learners should be better.

I've also driven a 100hp Focus, heavier car and lower state of tune, very nice package.

Hopefully you'll like it, but it is easy to live with if not enjoyable.

(You may have guessed I don't like it much.)

I spend so little time driving now I want to be entertained.
Im sure I'll cope with any twitchyness, but I have to say on our test drives the car was flawless in that respect.

As you say, it goes like stink when asked and is very surprising with a very nice exhaust note to boot!

Im happy with my choice, Mrs Ffoxy's "Metal" 1.6 feels really heavy by comparison.

I'm safe in that respect Dave, my eldest Son in Law is the Business Manager and my new Son in Law is the 2nd best Salesman! There's been no skulduggery!

Back