General How does my 500e tell where it is?

Currently reading:
General How does my 500e tell where it is?

nagh

With Fiat Access iPhone app, I can see where I parked my 500e. Works great. But I wonder how it knows where it is and how it can tells me. Does 500e itself have GPS and 3G antenna, or the information gets through my iPhone via Bluetooth? If the latter is the case, I won't be able to see where it is if my car got stolen, right?

I believe your phone simply stores the last location you parked at.

Yeah, that was my guess... But if so, how can I remotely lock the key using the app? Or doesn't it work if I was out of Bluetooth range?

I disabled Bluetooth on my iphone, but my wife was able to see where my car was. It must be using 3G and GPS!

Both TomTom navi and My Fiat iOS app are mediocre at best, but I love my new car!

Attachments

• 10735523945_22acfe611b_c-1.jpg
    10735523945_22acfe611b_c-1.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 161
  • 10735616056_70081ae793_c.jpg
    10735616056_70081ae793_c.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 206
I disabled Bluetooth on my iphone, but my wife was able to see where my car was. It must be using 3G and GPS!

Both TomTom navi and My Fiat iOS app are mediocre at best, but I love my new car!

Is that a Sport? Manual or auto ? Looks great .

Is that a Sport? Manual or auto ? Looks great .
There's no "gearbox" in EV. It's not even "auto". No shifting at all. Perfectly smooth. Love it.
It's a Sport, but only difference is its appearance. Two colors. That's it.

There's no "gearbox" in EV. It's not even "auto". No shifting at all. Perfectly smooth. Love it.
It's a Sport, but only difference is its appearance. Two colors. That's it.

Wow, it's a model we don't have in Australia at the moment. I have a white 6 speed manual Sport on order, should arrive Jan-Feb.

Dumb question, but does anyone know where I could get 500e parts shipped to Australia from?

Didn't Fiat say not to buy the Electric version of their 500?? Lol

Back