Technical Gearbox Speed Sensors, Common Fault?

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox Speed Sensors, Common Fault?

Ben P

Right have got a Punto Sporting 1996 1.6 8v and it keeps cutting out when coming to a stop/slowing down.

I had the same problem on my Corsa GSi and this was down to the speed sensor not cutting in as speedo was not working and the speedo is not working on the punto so assumed the same thing.

Went to my mates breakers yard and borrowed a different speed sensor of him but it hasnt helped.

Do the fiat speed sensors go for a pastime like the Vaux ones? I Dont mind buying a brand new one if thats what it is.

Anyone got any Suggestions?

Also the dont know if its relevant but the Cold Start Light is coming on all the time and the car is drinking fuel for fun?

Cheers Guys

Fuel injection on most cars use a speed signal, so no signal and you will have some running faults, although the ecu can use other sensors to adapt to certain problems. The speed sensor on the gearboxes do sometimes pack up, and there are two types on the Punto from memory (different drives), You need a feed and an earth and a signal output, if you have the feed and earth then its likly the sensor is faulty.

Back