General Stilo 1.6 withdrawn?

Currently reading:
General Stilo 1.6 withdrawn?

DaveX

Just looking around the Fiat site, and can no longer see a Stilo 1.6 in the showroom (only looked in the 3 door section), also the Dynamic trim has disappeared.
Anyone know if the 1.6 engine has been discontinued in the Stilo? I would have thought it would have been the most popular choice for the 'mainstream' driver.
If both the above are true, will owners of 1.6 3dr Dynamics (ie me) see the value of their cars plummet, or do you think they will become more sought after?

I mentioned this in the consumption thread (well one of the many!) the 1.6 on the 5 door been dropped and replaced with the 1.4 and on 3 door its now the 1.8 Sporting.

1.6 is continued on the multiwaggon. It hasnt been lost!

On the 5 door replacing it with the 1.4 is an ok option, it is almost as powerful as the 1.6 yet as economical was the 1.2 was.
Beleave the 3 door active uses the 1.4 as well

jamie86 said:
Looking at the Stilo count it looks like the most popular version so they'd be silly to drop it!

Ohh wait a sec it's FIAT we're talking about ;)

probably the most populer as we all wanted dynamic spec and it was either 1.6 or jtd ;)

No big loss though as the 1.4 is cheaper to both tax & insure(don't quote me on it, haha did you see what I did there! :D ) plus isn't it remapable? Just don't tell Bo! :D

My 1.4 is good IMO. Haven't driven a 1.6 Stilo but my 1.4 goes better than the 1.7 diesel Astra I drive regularly, but nowhere near as quick as the 1.6 Petrol Astra, which I presume would be as powerful as the 1.6 Stilo?

Scorg said:
Has anyone driven a 1.4 and know what they are like ?
I have one myself and im well happy with it pulls well enough for me and on a private stretch of motorway hehe got 121mph oh and its got the 6 speed box outer the 1.2

1.8 sport? will this have a higher bhp?? than the older dynamic version? some1 sed about insurance and tax being cheaper if the drop the 1.6 to the 1.4; when i got quotes for my insurance quotes before i got my car ther was only 100pounds difference between insuring my 1.8 and a 1.2?? so i wud fink the saving between having a 1.6 to 1.4 on the insurance will minimal?! duno about the tax?!

StiloBoy said:
I drove a 1.4 in the Idea, bit course i thought compared to the 1.2...

Different engines have different characteristics though in different cars, what's smooth in a Stilo may appear course in an Idea.

I drove a 1.4, and found it supprisingly good, though it did need a bit of work on B roads - my JTD has made me lazy :D

Back