Technical Fiat Punto MKII MIA - Hill Start Issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto MKII MIA - Hill Start Issues

RunTheTrap

When I left for work this morning I have to turn right up a hill, so I usually give it some acceleration and balance the (old) clutch the best I can and it is usually enough to get me on the hill starts.

But today the car didn't have the same power, it juddered as though it was in a higher gear than first and the acceleration didn't seem to help much either I had the acceleration all the way to the floor.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? old clutch that needs replacing or something?

I will be happy to answer any further questions you might have to help me with my problem.

Thank you!

Were the engine revs soring with no speed gain or did yhe engine "stutter" all the way?

Ziggy

Initially the revs were soaring and then as I tried to balance the clutch better the car began moving forward, the revs dropped right down but the car stuttered all the way until I stopped the car half way in the turn, put the handbrake on and did the whole thing again, it eventually went up the hill. :bang:

This sounds familiar to me! Sometimes after changing down a gear after slowing down I get engine shudder when accelerating again. Feels like the sort you get just before the engine stalls, except its running at about 1500rpm and accelerating so the gear is correct. Just have to put your foot down and accelerate out of it, gone by 2000rpm. Is this what your are experiencing also?

Were the engine revs soring with no speed gain or did yhe engine "stutter" all the way?

Ziggy

The best way I could describe it is if I came to a stop on a flat road, and then moved off in 2nd gear, it still goes but very sluggish and slow and the revs don't pipe up as much.

This sounds familiar to me! Sometimes after changing down a gear after slowing down I get engine shudder when accelerating again. Feels like the sort you get just before the engine stalls, except its running at about 1500rpm and accelerating so the gear is correct. Just have to put your foot down and accelerate out of it, gone by 2000rpm. Is this what your are experiencing also?

Not so much when the car is moving, but I know what you mean, it is hard for me to know as my car does not have a rev counter in it >.<

Mine does that too, think it is down to plugs breaking down under load

Back