punto.jpg

Grande Punto 1.4 16v how much is my car worth?

Introduction

Hello everyone, I'm coming to sell my car now as I need a bigger car.
I'm struggling to find how much I should sell it for so figured this was the best place for me to get an idea!

Spec is 1.4 16v sporting.
DV07USJ
49k FSH including cambelt a couple of months ago and long MOT.
Full leather seats, electric panoramic sunroof, 17inch alloys with conti tyres (the expensive ones) all round with 4-5mm tread. Steering wheel control with blue and me mp3 stereo though I've replaced the stereo as the speaker pack installed by fiat works better with an aftermarket stereo I have found. Though still have the original stereo. Stereo/speaker pack. I've probably forgot some stuff but this was loaded when new and I've never seen one with as many add ons.
Bad points, 5 or 6 small dents and scuffs, alloys could do with refurb. I was contemplating shelling out for this but didnt know whether it was worth the effort to save the price off of the car.

I've added a picture..

Can anyone give me a good idea what it is worth?
cheers
Completely guessing but without doing any research at all if I was to make a cash offer it wouldn't be above £2.5k-£3k.

I'd disagree with this!. Running costs won't be that high giving the size of it, and the insurance although rising won't be that much either I wouldn't have thought. Black is a really in colour just now, and given he looks quite young, I'd be prepared to make a bid of £5,000 for Oskie.

Whilst it's a pretty little thing, I think it's probably not worth as much as you're hoping for.
After all, you'd struggle to get a fatty in the rear of it.
:devil:

Whilst it's a pretty little thing, I think it's probably not worth as much as you're hoping for.
After all, being so small, you'd struggle to get a fatty in the rear of it.
:devil:

How good are you at selling?

Looking at the market (Austria) I found cars like yours priced between 8500 and 10500 GBP (yes, here cars are costly...).
Looking at the market in England I would say you are likely to get about 5000 GBP, if you are good at selling.
That is: Punto Evo 2010 -2012, in "perfect" conditions, multiair 105 HP, 30000 to 50000 Km.

Never mind little bumps and scratches, they don't really change the value of your car unless they are really ugly. Mostly they just make the car a bit harder to sell. Don't mention bumps and scratches in your selling advert (don't mention them at all!). Dealers never do it and it's up to the buyer spotting them all and ask for a lower price; at which point they usually look at the bump as if they never seen it and offer you a price reduction of 50 GBP.
You lower your price at the last moment, within 500 GBP in case of complains.

Never mind the value of fancy things you put in the car or how much you spent for your beloved tires (except for original parts like the leather sits). This is just stuff that makes it easier to sell, as well as a regular service record. They are good use in the final bargain but not for deciding the selling price.

Good luck, and remember that you will probably get less than what you ask for.

Also, ask to a second-hand dealer to give you a quote for an exchange, that is the very minimum you should ask for your car... adding 1000 GBP.

You didn't say how old is your car.

The age of cars in the UK is visible from the registration number which the first poste gave. The car is a 2007 Grande punto not an evo and is therefore worth nothing like £5000.

Back