Tuning turbo upgrade

Currently reading:
Tuning turbo upgrade

Lance Lacoste

Hie all I am a proud owner of a fiat uno fire 1100, I live in Zimbabwe and the drag racing community is really seeing better days. I want to build my uno into a nippy track and daily runner vehicle so I am seriouseriously thinking of turbo charging the fire 1100 motor or alternatively supercharging it. My questions are as follows
Firstly are the standard pistons casts or forged bits?
Are the rods forged or casts?
What is the maximun diameter I can rebore the cylinder block too?

I am not looking for crazy horsepower gains but as a hobby project car it should be fun to drive around with extra horses. The fire engine is quite robust so a turbo upgrade would be fun. I have already started the fabrication of an inlet manifold to accomodate an engine management system plus the exhaust as well.
Any contributions will greatly be appreciated
Thanz

Pistons are cast.

Given accurate set up folk have seen 160bhp out of these engines, but set up (and some way of lowering the compression ratio) is essential.

All attempts to fit a positive displacement (Roots, etc.) blower have led to disaster (it seems)as the pulley just won't take the shock loads. Centrifugal blowers offer some hope.

Do a search in the Cinquecento Seicento section.

Thanks fingers99 maybe will have to invest in custom low compression pistons. What about retarding the crank and camshaft timming by 5-10 degrees BTDC will that help me in lowering the compreasion ratio?

Back