Tuning Air filter fitting

Currently reading:
Tuning Air filter fitting

kyleuk2012

Hello,

Hope someone can help. I'm wanting to fit an induction kit to my 1.4 Punto Evo, when I looked under the bonnet it seems like the air filter runs as a plastic pipe from the front of the engine running to the left but when I have seen other people who have fitted them it seems to run down the right of the engine.

Can someone tell/show me where it is actually supposed to fit please.

Don't know if I'm being stupid or not. It said its uploaded to the forum lol.

Attachments

• 1378152307209.jpg
    1378152307209.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 114
Well that's what I thought since the filter panel is in the front too and that pipe feeds into it. There's a guide on here for fitting one but it has it coming from the right at the back. 1378153515732.jpg

I wonder if that guide then is for the the normal 1.4 gp. I'm a noon when it comes to all this but like to give it a go lol.

Sounds really vain but I like the raspy noise. The engine sounds pretty dull... As it would on a little 1.4

I tried to replace mine too, but when I took it off there was a wire and two or three pipes - so I left it in the end! But if you manage it, please let me know, haha :)

I tried to replace mine too, but when I took it off there was a wire and two or three pipes - so I left it in the end! But if you manage it, please let me know, haha :)
Yeah I’m thinking this! There’s a pipe going to the throttle body and an even pipe going straight to the rocker head!! No clue

Attachments

• BD549B8E-95A1-42F9-B078-0DDD8E897A7B.jpeg
    BD549B8E-95A1-42F9-B078-0DDD8E897A7B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Back