General Parking sensors

Currently reading:
General Parking sensors

What are the parking sensors like on the latest puntos? Are they the usual beepy ones that come through the speakers?

Hi there. I have bought the new Punto Jet Black, parking as standard... They're great... Beep when should. Thru speakers? I have no clue where beeping comes from - it's loud enough..
Thought you might like a straight answer :)

the ones on my TA are fairly loud ( not noticed where the BEEPS actually come from..,)
BUT they do seem to be a little slow being activated,

if You reverse up to a post at any more than 4 mph, you'll have hit it before a beep occurrs,
Charlie

Why would you be reversing at speeds like that :confused:

Not that i've really checked , but tick-over in MOST cars is 4 / 6 MPH in 1st,
reverse is not as low as 1st so I can imagine min engine revs would equate to @ 7 MPH,

why would I want to do all my reversing while slipping the clutch..??,
or just as importantly would I want to reverse off a main road and onto a drive at only 3MPH - I think not,
Charlie

Not that i've really checked , but tick-over in MOST cars is 4 / 6 MPH in 1st,
reverse is not as low as 1st so I can imagine min engine revs would equate to @ 7 MPH,

why would I want to do all my reversing while slipping the clutch..??,
or just as importantly would I want to reverse off a main road and onto a drive at only 3MPH - I think not,
Charlie

Sensors are for items close you to though, not 30 meters away, if you know a wall is somewhere you're not still going to be going 7mph as you're a meter or closer from it are you :rolleyes:

Back