Technical Check Engine light

Currently reading:
Technical Check Engine light

jerrymldz

Hello!! I bought a 2014 Fiat 500L a few weeks ago. Four days after I got the car the check engine light turned on :(. The code is P113D. I went to the dealer and they said that they don't know what that code means and that the Fiat engineers are working on it. Does anybody have heard about this code? :confused:

Hi,

This one's a bit difficult. In Europe we don't get the 160 bhp Multiair turbos you get in the US - unfortunately :cry: Nothing here comes with more than 105 bhp at the moment, even thought there are two different Diesels and two petrol engines offered. We are, however, supposed to get a 1.4 120 bhp petrol engine (a detuned version of yours) and a 1.6 120 Diesel before the end of the year. I think Fiat's multiple engine policy is madness, but there you go...

Many testers here comment on the relative lack of power of some of these cars, although the 105 Twinair and the 105 1.6 Diesel are viewed as adequate.

It's a bit soon, and I haven't read of any engine problems as yet, and your light may just be a software glitch, but I would suggest looking on the Dodge forum ( I suppose there is one) as the Dart has the same engine as the 500L.

Good luck anyway.

1700 miles on my 2014 500L and a solid check engine light came on driving down the freeway. Contacted my dealership and they told me something triggered an emissions alert. As long as it is running normal they told me nothing to worry about and bring it in next Friday so they can make sure nothing more serious is wrong. It is an emissions issue indicator though. Bad gas can trigger it, or low vacuum in the gas system, stuff like that. I'll post a follow up after my visit next week.

One little follow up, the check engine light went away on it's own. The tech at the dealership said it might do that given what that warning light goes off for.

Code came back as delayed response on the O2 sensor. It apparently reset itself and the tech said everything is functioning normally now.

I had that an hour after I drove out of the dealership. The service manager told the sales guy to relay that because I picked it up in a short time frame, they couldn't do the apparently usual 2 days on charge to arm the battery after shipping ( I have had other cars with batteries with less than ample charge before). They said after a few long drives it should go away on its own otherwise they'll fix it up on my first service. Not sure whether that code is for this issue though.

Thanks for that. My wife got the solid engine light on and a message check engine. I drove the car a few hours later and it was fine with no warning lights and it operates normally. Perhaps as you suggest - bad gas or vacuum etc..

Back