Technical Service interval reset on multijet 1.3 Qubo

Currently reading:
Technical Service interval reset on multijet 1.3 Qubo

Received BT unit today got off eBay took 10 days to arrive from China
Seller sjh910 Smallest ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth OBD2 OBD-11 Car Auto diagnostic Scanner Tool £5.81

Loaded torque free on Nexus 7.

Plugged unit in , did scan and it popped up first time passkey 1234, took 3 attempts to connect on retry.
Quick play. Seems that there are minimal displays with the torque light version.
Have ordered pro version for £2.95 didn't break the bank, will play with this later.

Unit fits into RH fuse bay and there is enough room to replace the cover leaving it in situ.
Don't know what power it draws time will tell.

1375717216174.jpg1375717198519.jpg

Hi. I'd just like to thank you for this post.

I don't know if you'd viewed my post (https://www.fiatforum.com/qubo/340073-qubo-garmin-satnav-mechanic.html )where I was having great problems trying to pair up my Garmin Mechanic ( a similar but more involved,and MUCH more expensive bit of kit than you refer to). Having seen that you had succeeded after several attempts, I went back to retry and- bizarrely!- they connected first time! So I'm all up and running for real time gauges monitoring the engine, engine code diagnostics, and ecoroute driving stats.

For my future reference,I'd be grateful if you could post details of / links to the "pro" version which you can say definitely works, as I may sell the Garmin satnav and ecoRoute/mechanic in the future as I have blue&Me 2 Tomtom, so would replace the garmin checker with the one you use as I now ( for the first time) have an android smartphone.

Thanks again

can any garage reset the service display?
I'm wondering if when a garage did a diagnostic on mine, they fooked something up ? as the spanner sign didn't light up when it should have done, so I missed the service by quite a mileage.

can any garage reset the service display?
I'm wondering if when a garage did a diagnostic on mine, they fooked something up ? as the spanner sign didn't light up when it should have done, so I missed the service by quite a mileage.
Have you checked the service interval mileage left on the computer.
I always keep an eye on my speedo mileage done so knew my service was due.

How do I check?

I usually keep an eye on the odo(all my previous cars are olds'uns) and thought the next service was 80k, and as it was serviced recently (well I thought it was recently, but it was the summer of 2012, and life's been hectic since, so the time just flew by! ) but the sign hadn't popped up in the meantime, so checked in the book for the intervals, which is when I found out we'd over shot the service....

My 1st year service 1/2/12 at 7063 miles by MD, 2nd year service 1/2/13 at 15349 miles by a Franchise garage, but the Service Coupon and spanner displayed 9/7/13 at 18000 miles. I took it back to the Franchise garage and they reset it, but swear it was done after the service.

I wonder if MD or Franchise garage reset it after either service and why would the warning display at 18k when the service interval is 20k? :confused:

Are service warnings displayed at set mileages or does it depend on time or the work cycle of the engine?

Only Smarties have the answer :D

My qubo in for service 12 months old it's done 13000 Miles hence service asked garage to reset the service light
He did when the month changed ie February ,the mileage is flashing is this because it flashes up the mileage or it's 12months old
Can I reset it or will I have to go back to the garage ? Can it be cancelled altogether ,your help please.

Did not go to the main dealer he was quoting me £249 when I stopped laughing I went to my local garage he quoted me £149 cheaper and he rotated the wheels and valet end it

Those with diesel Qubo's who are DIY servicing if you've a DPF you MUST get the oil degradation counter reset (should be able to do it with MES). If you don't your DPF will eventually fail to regen as the car will not regen beyond a set number of times without the oil being changed and this counter being rest.

Not sure how many Qubo's have DPFs but you have been warned ;)

Those with diesel Qubo's who are DIY servicing if you've a DPF you MUST get the oil degradation counter reset (should be able to do it with MES). If you don't your DPF will eventually fail to regen as the car will not regen beyond a set number of times without the oil being changed and this counter being rest.

Not sure how many Qubo's have DPFs but you have been warned ;)

How do you find the DPF? Never even heard of one...our Qubo gets regular runs up the motorway etc.

My 1.3 registered Jan '11 is one of the last Euro IV without a DPF (y)

I'm pretty sure everything after Mar '11 is Euro V compliant and have DPF fitted. It should tell you in your handbook and I think there's a recent thread somewhere about locating the DPF and warning light etc.

Back