Wimmy!

Currently reading:
Wimmy!

Lol, sorry fella didnt see ya. Was testing out the new gearbox which had just been done by good old Bravo-owd-chap. He's a good fella.

Yes, the Bravissimo is back to life. Another cheapy gearbox from the scrappers, a new clutch disk and a couple of CV joints whilst we were there.

Out for a spin and she purrs again and drives like new. She's only a little 1.2 but covered 120,000 miles and had 2 cambelt changes, 3rd gearbox (2nd one from scrappers), 2nd clutch (3rd disk after lasted only 2 week after gearbox pissed transmission fluid over it).

She's done me proud and is now driving better than ever. I love my likkle Bravissimo.

Big thanks to Kev (Bravo Owd Chap) for basically doing it for me. I helped a little by undoing the odd bolt and holding spanners etc so a HUGE thanks goes to Kev (again)

The MKI's did but they scrapped the expirimental 12v 1.4 engine in 1999 and replaced it in the MKII's with the 16v 1.2.

The 1.4 had awful economy and not much power - the 1.2 is extremely economical and has a few extra horses under the bonnet too

Back