Technical Ulysse Steering Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Ulysse Steering Problem

Leigh117

Hi I have just bought a 2002 plate Ulysse and it is heavy when I'm turning the steering wheel trying to park and is making a noise (like a cow)!!!!! What could be wrong?????:confused:

It's either going to be the slider pins on the front brakes that need greasing (with proper pin grease, not copper or conventional!) or the auxiliary belt wants renewing.

I'd put money on it being the brake pins though - very common on these and older euro vans.

It's either going to be the slider pins on the front brakes that need greasing (with proper pin grease, not copper or conventional!) or the auxiliary belt wants renewing.

I'd put money on it being the brake pins though - very common on these and older euro vans.

Can't see what the brakes have to do with the steering being heavy? Totally different system!
My guess would be the power steering pump, I had to get a new one, the old one was groaning when under pressure. Is the fluid level OK? Is the old pump leaking? Check these first. If the old pump is leaking I'd replace it.

I was referring to the noise, when turning the wheel sticking slider pins make a right squealing din as well as when breaking.

He hasn't mentioned anything about braking, only heavy steering and a noise, I think he should check steering pump for... 1 Fluid level, 2 leakage and 3 as you suggested drive belt. I has this problem and it was a "tired" pump and it groaned when under pressure, if the brakes were making that much noise I would be worried about even driving the thing! I can't see why the brake caliper sliders would make a noise when turning the steering, the whole lot turns with the wheel!

Last edited:
I was referring to the noise, when turning the wheel sticking slider pins make a right squealing din as well as when breaking.
Hi FF

I wonder if you can identify those slider pins?

I am also looking for a workshop manual. I have seen a post but this appears to be the later model.

Back