Technical Recall?

Currently reading:
Technical Recall?

Anyone else had information about the recall for a software update? I had a call from the dealer last week for my 1.2 Lounge reg in April 2012. The car's booked in for next week and apparently could take about an hour... Just wondered if anyone knew more about it.

An update for you - I spoke with FIAT CS via the chat function online and my reg number doesn't have any pending updates (or so they say anyway!(y))

Maybe your car's VIN is part of a specific batch they want to recall? Hopefully nothing serious, it doesn't sound like anything too bad though.

Mines got to go in next week! It's only a month old! 0.9 TA

No, no Blue&me fitted. I was just told it was something to do with the engine management software (does that make sense?). Anyway, apparently it wasn't very important but as the recall came via a phone call from the Fiat dealer, thought it best to get it done. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Took mine in yesterday for the upgrade. Unfortunately I was told that the diagnostic computer at the garage had crashed and the panda did not accept the upgrade patch! Try again next week! Haha

As noted in my thread about Roundswell, it turns out that my car does actually need this update too! Wonderful communication as always from Fiat eh!:eek:

Found out from another dealer when I asked about a quote for the 36k service (was impressed to be honest!).

If I am honest, it seems Fiat CS probably should have known about it when I asked them back in July as it was indeed issued in June.

But as mentioned above, it's nothing serious - I can just get it updated when the car gets serviced next time.

However - defo worth asking your dealer if you also have a 1.2 which was purchased in the first half of 2012. Seems likely that your car will also need the update.

Back