General Australian 500 owners!

Currently reading:
General Australian 500 owners!

Yellow, ivory and red, that's going to clash quite a bit!

Countrypolitan is a reddish-yellow so the red leather interior could work, though it really needs to be the kind of dark red leather you get in classic cars. I suspect FIAT's red leather might be a bit bright for the car, but Maxi has a red leather interior & is better qualified to comment than myself.

We have a 2012 car with red leather which is a deeper red and less scarlet than some earlier cars like Maxi's. I was just putting a car through the configurator recently though (as we had supposedly been offered a special trade in deal) only to notice that the option of red leather seats is no longer available on the S models and now on the lounge is no longer a single colour option. The seat top sections now mirror the choice of either Ivory or Black ambience, which I don't really like. My car is the picture underneath with the Tech House Grey dash panel

Attachments

• P1010315.JPG
    P1010315.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,401
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
The leather in my car only looks so bright because my digital slr loves to ramp up the reds.

It's not so much the red and yellow, it's the ivory that just doesn't work imho, the three colors just don't work together imho. If it were black ambience then perhaps it'd work, but not with the ivory. If it were me I'd have the black ambience, black leather and then yellow, though I prefer tropicalia yellow myself. Black and yellow together is very good.

Proud owner of a new FIAT 500c TwinAir Lounge (Dualogic) here :D

Love the car, it's so much fun. Haven't seen any other 500s/Abarths on the road yet, but they're bound to become more popular in the years ahead now that FIAT Chrysler have dropped the prices.

Attachments

• 8750490018_21b34a7a36_k.jpg
    8750490018_21b34a7a36_k.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Thanks Robin, black wasn't my first choice (I wanted the metallic dark grey) but I didn't want to wait a few weeks and pay extra so I went for this one that was readily available.

The colour has grown on me -- I haven't had too much trouble keeping it clean yet, but I expect come Spring time the pollen and tree sap will wreak havoc.

Holy hell that does look lovely :) Personally I just don't get why people chase the whole retro look, this is lovely and modern and beautiful :)

black cars are horribly prone to the paintwork being damaged with swirls from bad cleaning. Have a look on the car care section on here for some good advice on how to clean your car. If you pay to have someone clean it, make sure they know what they are doing and (for example) do not use sponges, which will knacker the paint unless they are very very fancy sponges.

Cheers. Yup for sure, I've been doing a lot of research on car detailing, and I'm booked in to get my car coated with Nanolex Ultra sealant (plus Nanolex Convertible Top Sealant for the canvas top).

I also bought a Gerni/Nilfisk 130.2S pressure washer with the Autobrite snow foam lance. I intend to do a snow foam wash regularly (with Autobrite Magifoam), plus Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo every now and then with the 2 bucket wash method.

I'm going all out for the little bambino -- it's my first car, so I'm babying it :D

For Aussies, I recommend getting your car detailing supplies from Car Care Products, they stock all the good stuff and also have a great How-To section with videos and tutorials:
http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/

Last edited:
Cheers. Yup for sure, I've been doing a lot of research on car detailing, and I'm booked in to get my car coated with Nanolex Ultra sealant (plus Nanolex Convertible Top Sealant for the canvas top).

I also bought a Gerni/Nilfisk 130.2S pressure washer with the Autobrite snow foam lance. I'm going all out for the little bambino -- it's my first car, so I'm babying it :D
I've got a P150, it's an absolute tank of a thing, if you can spring the extra for a 150 I can certainly recommend it :)

I have been advised I will get my Pop in Sept/Oct. Then another dealer said if anyone tells you that date they are lying...hope not. What has everyone else been told?

Been looking for other people experiencing similar delivery problems.
Havent placed an order on a car yet, want to buy one thats already at the dealer so can be checked over first. But the dealerships have been messing me around. Dont think im the only one. Its always between 1-2 weeks, and ive been told their manuals (looking for a manual) but they 'magically' end up being auto's. Also had a few dealer problems. I'm quiet concerned as to when one will actually arrive as I'm without a car till such time. Customer service has been appalling. There's just not enough cars and the dealers dont seem to even know whats going on. Overhall a bad experience and still dont know whats going on.
I'm just wondering if its going to actually arrive at the dealer or not. Not a happy costumer, just been very frustrating. :bang:

Last edited:
I got my new car ~5 weeks ago, before the big sale on the Pop started, and even then stock seemed to be quite limited. Seems to be delays and shortages all round.

Dealer finally said that my floor mats (which I was supposed to get with the new car) are ready for collection now. I saw on the FIAT Australia Facebook page that an Abarth owner was complaining about the lack of parts in Australia, so it seems keeping things in stock is something they are having difficulty with.

Yeh they seem to know less than anyone. Given the lack of knowledge and arrivals, feels like not only will it be nagging to keep finding out but they might not turn up for quiet a while. Wish it was easier to buy such a nice car. Not enjoying the experience as much.:shakehead:

Yeh they seem to know less than anyone. Given the lack of knowledge and arrivals, feels like not only will it be nagging to keep finding out but they might not turn up for quiet a while. Wish it was easier to buy such a nice car. Not enjoying the experience as much.:shakehead:
Unfortunately that's the nature of buying a car which is sold in fairly low numbers (in Australia) and built on the other side of the world.

JamesBondFiat, Do you mean to say they are going to let you know when they get one in and you can check it out and decide from there if you want it or not? I had to pay a deposit as they said they are not going to get any in unless they are ordered and a deposit is required. But no one seems to know when they will be in. I want it for a company to have signage on and I am wondering if I should be looking at another cute kind of car instead otherwise the marketing will be way behind. I have already paid the deposit though but subject to it being delivered by a certain date.

Last edited:
Yeah I find it odd that they never seem to have any idea exactly when the car or parts will be here -- this is the 21st Century, companies have amazing supply chain efficiency nowadays.

Then again this is very Italian -- relax, kick back, it'll be here when it's here :D

Back