Technical Gear Oil

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Oil

Riviera181

Hi,
Having a quick scout round on here, the general opinion is to drain then put 2.7 litres of fresh oil in the gearbox (2.8 JTD 2004 yr) .
But only using GL4 & NOT GL5.
What manufacturer (& grade) have people found to be the best?
Thanks

Hi,
Having a quick scout round on here, the general opinion is to drain then put 2.7 litres of fresh oil in the gearbox (2.8 JTD 2004 yr) .
But only using GL4 & NOT GL5.
What manufacturer (& grade) have people found to be the best?
Thanks

The gl5 warning is for older boxes with bronze parts that get leeched by the gl5 additives, this is the recommended oil for your box -gl5.

http://www.flitalia.it/en/fl/index....vello=1&idCanale=1&idCategoria=10&codPrd=1475

I was paranoid about viscoscity and used the gl4+ stuff that renault put in the 6 speed boxes as theres a dealer a couple of miles away and its a similar spec. Everyone else I know just used the synthetic 75w90 without ill effects.

Re: Gear Oil reply

The gl5 warning is for older boxes with bronze parts that get leeched by the gl5 additives.

I was paranoid about viscoscity and used the gl4+ stuff that renault put in the 6 speed boxes as theres a dealer a couple of miles away and its a similar spec. Everyone else I know just used the synthetic 75w90 without ill effects.

Thanks for the quick response.
Is there much difference between the GL4+ (Renault) stuff & the GL5?
I see the Tutela viscosity is SAE 75W-80.
Do you reckon there will be much noticeable difference driving?

Back