General punto 0.9 twinair advice

Currently reading:
General punto 0.9 twinair advice

garywc

I've come here to try and get advice on the new 0.9 twinair

free road tax
LOW insurance group
not the slowest car around and upto 74mpg

what I want to know is what sort of spec comes inside the car, does it have CC, bluetooth, trip computers etc??

is it really economical does it produce figures that it says on paper??

and overall is there any major flaws, bad things about the engine etc.

free road tax
LOW insurance group

what I want to know is what sort of spec comes inside the car, does it have CC, bluetooth, trip computers etc??

Welcome to the forum. ;) Took you a while to post anything Gary. :p

Fiat configurator for available options: HERE

Dom

Last edited:
Hi
friends of ours have the twin air in their 500 and mito both of them say it's a buzzy little engine and goes along really well but manufacturers claims on consmption are far off the mark and not realistic.

Hello,

First to say, you should do a test drive with this engine. It is a small engine that have a very particular sound. You can really enjoy it or hate it a lot.

Performance can be good for it output power, thank to turbo that give you torque of a 1.6L N/A engine.

Consumption, llanrads has answer you, it will be quite impossible to reach the annouced fuel economy, but it can be good when driven in the economy way.

Definitely have a decent test drive. I've driven the Twinair in both a 500 and a mito, and it wasn't my cup of tea. Also some great pre reg deals on new panda with Twinair around if you fancy one of them instead of a 500. Check out auto trader. EDIT: Just realised you're on about the punto, but my comment is still valid! Lol

Last edited:

free road tax
LOW insurance group

I have a 500c twinair,
MPG is down to how you drive it, I have got 74mpg on a 100mile round trip a and B roads, 70mpg on a 250mile duel carriage way jaunt.

It's great on fuel if you stick below 65mph but if your after something to cruse over 70mph your better of with a diesel.

The sound isn't to everyone's tastes, I personally love it.

Get out there and test drive one, its the only way!

Thanks all. What sort of MPG do you get round town and non eco driving would you expect 50+ or can it go down as far as 30mpg?

I'd have to really thrash it and hold stupid gears to get under 30mpg. It will return 50mpg with all-round driving.
That's what everyone tends to at average out at.

It does seem that how you run the car in make a lot of difference. A recent thread identified quite a thirst for oil with the twinair.

I personal haven't had to put a drop in and it's now covered 10k.

Have a go in a second had model as well as a new one if you can.

I've got a 2013 , 5 door RED twinair punto,
good car - BUT not as good on fuel as suggested..!!,

comes as it's own "twinair" spec with a fair few toys, PLUS

6 speed - (not available in the 500),
Cruise control ( main point for me),
Climate - Dual zone

feel free to ask more,
Charlie - Oxford

Last edited:
Definitely have a decent test drive. I've driven the Twinair in both a 500 and a mito, and it wasn't my cup of tea. Also some great pre reg deals on new panda with Twinair around if you fancy one of them instead of a 500. Check out auto trader. EDIT: Just realised you're on about the punto, but my comment is still valid! Lol

Surely the MITo must be pretty close as it's based on the Punto..??

there's a fair few "as-new" 12 plated Punto Twinairs for @£8k, :)

good value as the list was @£15k,

all appear as mine except one LIME GREEN :eek:car with a few nice touches and a subtle bodykit,

Charlie

I actually quite liked the mito generally, had it as a courtesy car over night. It was in N of the DNA thing when I picked it up, it seemed very flat and lifeless. Once I had figured it out and switched it to D for dynamic, it did actually brighten up a lot. Not sure how this would affect the mpg. Adversely I would have thought! I am tempted to give the panda with the Twinair as several people have said it suits the car well. Does the punto have anything to alter the characteristics of the engine like the DNA thing on the mito?

Kind of.. the ECO button makes things pretty falt,
I've noticed lately ( after 3 months and 3K miles) that if I turn ECO OFF and boot it through the 1st 3 /4 gears then straight into "overdrive " gears and hit the ECO button , it returns better MPG than just bumbling around in ECO full-time,

I'm used to 2-stroke bikes so the motors characteristics work fine for me,
Charlie

Back