Technical Marea 1.9 JTD ( 110 ) won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 1.9 JTD ( 110 ) won't start

Nedimd94

Hii , today i had a problem like never before . Everything was fine till i changed a into 3 rd gear and something whistled . After this engine immediately shuted down and now i can't even start it . When i try to start it it acts like something is blocked , the starter can't rotate a flywheel. When i turn it in to fifth gear i can't rotate the wheel in rigth direction only in reverse . Please help if you can..
I forgot to say that one man told me it could be the flywheel .

Oil is ok and wather also , the problem is that car turned off in driving something snaped and you could hear crunching then i quickly pressed the clutch and stoped the car .After that i can't start it , the starter can't turn the flywheel and crankshaft. :)

"something snaped and you could hear crunching" -
Whistling could also be a failed bearing.
Are the timingbelt/tensioners/waterpump still in one piece?
Also don't turn the engine in reverse as the timing might jump.
In best case scenario it was the clutch/flywheel.
Belt snapped and dropped a valve -> engine could turn in reverse, but a dropped valve inside a cylinder cannot be compressed...
JTD block is sturdy so not sure if you have any holes in it even if connrod went.
I would drop the sump or take a look at the flywheel if the timingbelt is intact. Nothing there -> take the head off (maybe dropped a valve or a valveseat even with good timingbelt?).

Back