Technical 2010 Punto Evo GP blue and me Help.

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Punto Evo GP blue and me Help.

Skoward

Hi guys, I joined the Fiat way of life today, got myself a 2010 (10 Plate) Punto Evo GP. I have been playing around with the blue and me trying to get my iPhone 5 to connect, it won't, it wont charge or play music either. Neither will my girlfriends iPhone 4s, however her 4s will pair with the cars Bluetooth. Making calls using the menus also works with the 4s.

To go onto my main questions.
1. How do I find out the generation of my b&m console?
2. If it is generation 1, is it possible to get my phone to play music via USB?

Thanks Guys

As I know, no. First Evo units was blue and me 1.
After, they introduced second version.

I'm not sure but :

Grande Punto B&M v.1
Punto Evo B&M v.1 + v.2
Punto 2012 B&m v.2

Okay so I assume mine is a Generation 1, due to it not directly connecting either a 5 or 4s iPhone. If my unit is Generation 2, will it automatically connect even if it is no the latest updated software? Or do i try and update to 6.0?

Thank you for the reply.

With version 1 the last update is 5.6.
Only version 2 can upgrade to 6.0

See on link I posted first to check your version (software), unit revision (v.1/v.2) and access download.

With version 1 the last update is 5.6.
Only version 2 can upgrade to 6.0

See on link I posted first to check your version (software), unit revision (v.1/v.2) and access download.

Okay I have managed to update to 5.6, But not 6.0. Now I have discovered it is a generation 1 unit, is my only option to get my iPhone 5 to work with this unit is the USB adapter? I will go ahead and buy one if it is going to work for sure.

Thank you.

Okay, now we are fixed, you have version 1 unit. Updated to 5.6, nice.

For the adapter it is your only chance as I know. But I never used unit v.1 with iPhone; hope someone can confirme this works ?

I have a problem with my blue and ne, the aux is working but the usb slot keeps bot working every now and then, i have done a system reset and i have tryed the battery disconnected and reconnected to try and restet further but still not working, any ideas??

TBH I don't think the radio has a direct USB input so the USB will be via an interface and then the aux input.

When I unplugged the blue aux input on mine the B&M audio stopped working which tells me that B&M is via the aux inpput.

So to be able to share this I am going to need to split the input, perhaps using capacitors, or maybe even going as far as a double pole relay and switching it.

When driving I prefer the radio but also want to use my Nexus 7 as a sat nav but the NExus is rather quiet so it needs amplifying. Hence wanting to use the aux in.
If I use the nexus for music then it mutes the music when the satnav speaks.

Its just a long term when I get around to it project :)

TBH I don't think the radio has a direct USB input so the USB will be via an interface and then the aux input.

USB goes to Blue and Me module (behind the glove box on LHD cars).
This module decode audio, and send it to Radio. Radio is just the amplifier and human interface.

I have the same problem. To charge my iPhone i've bought a USB cigarette adaptor.

Are there any threads on this forum regarding installing a aux socket in a Evo GP 2010 ? I'm a newbie to all this so a idiots guide would be ideal.

I have just upgraded my 2001 Punto for a Grande Punto 58 plate and collecting it tomorrow.
Both me and the wife have iPhone 4's and want to connect to play music, take calls and listen to TuneIn Radio do I need this Fiat Adaptor (50quids worth) to make this happen?
I could just wait for me to get car and try it out but I'm too excited haha ?

Hi, hope you've got it soon ;)

Read my 2-3 posts on this page, with the version you can update it is possible to determine hardware version, and know if you need adaptor or not.

I've got an 60 plate Punto Evo and an iphone 5. Both work perfectly with each other.

It plays music and connects to blue and me fine however my previous phone (Blackberry Bold 9900) refused to play music through the USB but connected to blue and me ok.

Back