General Yet another set back from rolling road!

Currently reading:
General Yet another set back from rolling road!

Went to rolling road today, :D , but then it wouldnt be normal if something didnt go wrong! :bang:

Running behind as it was due to old farts in their people carriers, so i overtook & blew a boost pipe off the intercooler, how much of a plum (to put it politely) did i look!!! Lucky enough i had a screwdriver in the boot and was back on the road in a jiffy.

Got there and cos i only just missed my slot i had to wait a couple of hours.............

Popped it on rollers and did first run to see what it was doing:

117.9 BHP
Peaked just over 180 torque (y)
but only running a bog standard 9psi!!! (n)

We then aborted run as it is running very lean and i need to uprate my fuel pump and we dont have a flaming foggiest what pump is on there?!?

So next monday its now booked in for the fuel pump etc & then another RR & to then be DEFINATELY set up. & I wont go until it is.

Im still on for stanford but ive just gotta take it easy. :(

Theresa

cinq 1.4 turbo said:
You guys are losing my bhp by the second :rolleyes:

I started with 117.9
Then it went to 117.8
Then 117

That .9 makes alot of difference you know :p

Theresa

116BHP!!!! AWESOME :D

ill be there to see it at stanford, cant wait
nice figures u got there!!!

brickfoot said:
That figure does seem quite low fot what once used to be Punto GT engine, i think once it's all set up and fuelled correctly, it'll give anything a run for it's money! :D

Mk2 uno turbo's made 118 bhp from the factory,this is a 15yr old engine which has'nt even been set up and its made standard power.
Which i think is pretty good going.

Il just have to wait a few weeks to see how much more it will make :D

Does it have mods from the standard engine?

One hundred and seventeen point nine brake horse power in an ill Cinq - can't wait till it's sorted, I see 130 or so maybe!

Only thing is a high boost 1.2 will give 120bhp for £2500.

Liam

RITE IVE DECIDED!

As me and the turbo cinq are on the stand, im parking next to it!!!

That way people will look at mine :D

I can be the appetizer, and the turbo cinq can be the main course :D :D :D :D

AppleSei said:
RITE IVE DECIDED!

As me and the turbo cinq are on the stand, im parking next to it!!!

That way people will look at mine :D

I can be the appetizer, and the turbo cinq can be the main course :D :D :D :D

Id like to think im more like starters, main & dessert all in one!! :p But i doubt my car will be the only one getting alot of interest, there is still alot of nice cars there too. Especially off this forum (y)

I suppose i will let you park next to me.......... but you will have to ask sammiboo nicely!

Just spent tonight stripping bits off car for replacement uprated parts to make it alot more presentable, we are gonna be shattered by sunday! We will need matchsticks i think..... :eek: But it will all be worth it in the end.

Theresa

More power than you think?

cinq 1.4 turbo said:
Mk2 uno turbo's made 118 bhp from the factory,this is a 15yr old engine which has'nt even been set up and its made standard power.
Which i think is pretty good going.
Isn't the factory spec quoted for bhp at the flywheel (ie. bhp from the engine), whereas you're measuring bhp at the wheels. There must be at least 10bhp loss through the transmission, so you're probably somewhere over 130bhp at the flywheel. :D

Last edited:
Back