Tuning Exhaust Manifold on Twinair engine

Currently reading:
Tuning Exhaust Manifold on Twinair engine

scout

Big is not always better
Just a simple question really,

Is the standard Twinair exhaust manifold as good as it gets or is there a performance manifold that can be had? I would have the rest of the exhaust custom made to my spec but manifolds are something else, and very expensive as one offs to have made, so would like to buy an off the shelf one if possible. Having no cat would not be a problem as I would have a sport cat fitted with the rest of the exhaust.

Of course if the manifold is a nice free flowing one as standard I would also like to know as that would save me a few pounds :D.

Last edited:
The manifold looks very restrictive according to bgunn. He is very knowledgable. He calls it a log with a turbo bolted on the end. Bgunn said he is going to fabricate his own manifold. Maybe he'll take orders lol.
I have had custom exhaust through working with longlife exhaust dealer. On the 2nd silencer now to try to get the right noise/sound. Still too loud and loose sounding at the moment. More news on that next week

Last edited:
I suppose there aren't enough of them out there for the tuning parts to be available yet. I've still got nearly two years of warrenty to wait before I start with the mods so I'll wait and see what develops. ;)

If you want to change the manifold you have to change the turbo.
You need a 2 to 1 manifold and for example a garret GT 1241 turbocharger.
With some luck you get 120 hp out of it.

Another possibility is, to use the fiat TwinAir 105 hp turbo, good for ± 130 hp after a remap.

Another possibility is, to use the fiat TwinAir 105 hp turbo, good for ± 130 hp after a remap.

I've only got 85 HP can't afford to go -130 hp :p although the +130 sounds good :cool: and being of the older generation still having difficulty coming to terms with 100+ HP out of an 875cc engine.

If you want to change the manifold you have to change the turbo.
You need a 2 to 1 manifold and for example a garret GT 1241 turbocharger.
With some luck you get 120 hp out of it.

The head is also different on the 85bhp engine as opposed to the 105. Tbh it would be cheaper to start with a 105bhp engine and then go for 130 than to take an 85bhp on and go for 130.

Fiat should have done a Twinair Abarth with maybe 120-130 bhp to pay homage to the original Abarth. They could call it the '875 essesse'
Would go down a treat with traditionalist Abarth fans.

Back