General Taken Down A Peg Or Two!!

Currently reading:
General Taken Down A Peg Or Two!!

Went into halfrauds today to get a few bits for the turbo,and was confronted by some really helpful assistant :rolleyes:

When asked what car i needed the parts for,said assistant couldnt help but have a little chuckle over the cinq (he own,s a 106 quicksilver).
So i had great pleasure in telling him i would p**s all over his french crap.
When asked how i simply replied ive got a 1.4 lump in it (his face was a picture).

One of the other assistants has a 900cc cinq and was well impressed.
I told him all about the forum so hopfully we may have another member soon.

All going well il pop in there on the way back from rollers and show him somthing his 106 will never have.... 100+ BHP!!!

Last edited:
sweet,k it must be a great feeling and i dont think it will be the last time too!!

Hehe nice one!!!

How disgusting is that tho? Customers assistants laughing at othe peoples cars, id have complained and got him the sack, then we will have seen how long he had the quicksilver, w*nkers!! If they ever laugh at my car ill chin em!

AppleSei said:
Hehe nice one!!!

How disgusting is that tho? Customers assistants laughing at othe peoples cars, id have complained and got him the sack, then we will have seen how long he had the quicksilver, w*nkers!! If they ever laugh at my car ill chin em!

Quality Apple Son!

Theresa, all very well having an RR print out but to fully capatlise on your speech you need to see him on the road, pull up aside and say "Shove this up your pishy Peugoet!" Raaaahhhh TssssssHHHHH!

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
Quality Apple Son!

Theresa, all very well having an RR print out but to fully capatlise on your speech you need to see him on the road, pull up aside and say "Shove this up your pishy Peugoet!" Raaaahhhh TssssssHHHHH!

Liam

Probaly **** on it in my runaround.
That super unleaded is expensive,so il save the 'shove this up your' for RS Turbo's,Gti's etc :D

cinq 1.4 turbo said:
Probaly **** on it in my runaround.
That super unleaded is expensive,so il save the 'shove this up your' for RS Turbo's,Gti's etc :D

Yeah but you can't beat a royal trouncing on the straights, the sight of an onion stringed motor fading into the distance is one of the seven wonder of the world!

Liam

Alot of the petrol stations charge about the same as normal unleaded and as i wont use the turbo much i thought id run it on super. Il ask when i get it set up if it makes any difference. (y)

My boyfriends fiesta was pinking really badly before he changed to super,now its fine.
I would have thought it would give you a little more power as its a higher octane rating.But then iam a girl so could be wrong :p

I have to avoid a bloke in my local Halfrauds because whenever he passes any customer, he asks what car you'e got. He will follow this up and spout a bit of random FIAT knowledge out. He will then follow this up by telling you about his mates Punto GT Turbo and do rather scarily loud, accurate and embarrasing GT Turbo BRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM PPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:nutter: sounds and then he waffles on about his Calibra engine in his Astra. I think he loves his own voice. He has stopped me 3 times and done it. lol.
The time before last I avoided him really well but last time, nobody was on the checkout as usual in every Halfrauds and he got there. I knew I was in trouble when he scanned the FIAT broom yellow paint and he uttered "hmmmmmmm, good choice".

....oh btw, he DOES work there:D what a character!

Id have said to him Gaz

''was that a sexual advance you made at me??'' Then asked for his manager!

That would have made him go quiet! (y)

You could also ask how is brakes are on his astra, cos the last time i was in a vauxhall astra it didnt stop very well!!!

Also Vauxhall Calibra....The Girls choice of coupe hmmmmmm :cool:

Halfords. Hmmm.

Looking for a Champion F101 oil filter, guy asks "What car's it for, we can find it"

Answer "Cinquecento 1242 turbo, you won't find it listed"

Guy says "oh, I'll have a look"

Explained that the cinq 1108 one won't fit, doesn't seem to register..

Is this the one in fartown smurfhead? I'll have to check it out. Been meaning to buy a re-fill for my poppy coral air freshener.

By the way though of you who dont know they are definitley worth the extra money. my car smell nice and lemony everyday. Best air freshener on the market by far. Plus it doesn't look at stupid as them christmas tree's.

sorry to all though who have the christmas tree, no offence intended, my sei too was once a christmas tree car ....... until the liberation......when i bought the car and chucked it out the window

Sorry gone abit of topic, must be the stress of my uni exams.

dave said:
you dont need super unleaded unless you have a knock sensor it does not benifit your car. paul asked the top bloke at shell when he went there :)

not strictly true. If you are running high boost, then using higher octane fuel means u can use higher boost without retarding the ignition. IF set up properly, and always run on it - it'll be faster on higher octane.

arc said:
not strictly true. If you are running high boost, then using higher octane fuel means u can use higher boost without retarding the ignition. IF set up properly, and always run on it - it'll be faster on higher octane.

Agree completely - if you're running higher compression than standard or any form of turbo on a modded car, higher octane fuel is always a good safeguard.

satty said:
Been meaning to buy a re-fill for my poppy coral air freshener.

By the way though of you who dont know they are definitley worth the extra money. my car smell nice and lemony everyday. Best air freshener on the market by far. Plus it doesn't look at stupid as them christmas tree's.

sorry to all though who have the christmas tree, no offence intended, my sei too was once a christmas tree car ....... until the liberation......when i bought the car and chucked it out the window

Sorry gone abit of topic, must be the stress of my uni exams.

You wanna get the air freshner dice!!! Like i have!!! Summat to play with at traffic lights 2!! (y)

if ur talking standard engines run by ur average car driver, then you are right. but on a properly setup and looked after engine higher octane is a better idea.

Back