Styling MK2 and MK2b Bumpers

Currently reading:
Styling MK2 and MK2b Bumpers

puntobabe94

Hi guys,

I've been looking for abarth bumpers and have found some at a stupid price and he says that they are for 04 and above, I have an 01 and been trying to find out whether they will fit but i can't find anything?
Does any one what the difference between the bumpers are, and if they would fit? I was also wondering if anybody is selling any or knows of anyone selling some at a reasonable price?

Right, so you can swap the mk2b back bumper onto a mk2, but you cant swap the front bumper of a mk2b onto a mk2 but you can put a 5 door mk2 front bumper on a 3 door mk2 car and a 5 door front bumper on a mk2b 3 door car...what the hell was fiat thinking! Rofl :)

I think it basically comes down to the fact that the front end was revised (hence the different headlights, and the addition of a grille) for the Mk2b; but that the rear ends of three- and five-doors were always the major difference within each 'mk'.... Ahhhh

I thought your summary was quite neat, though...! :cool:

Right, so you can swap the mk2b back bumper onto a mk2, but you cant swap the front bumper of a mk2b onto a mk2 but you can put a 5 door mk2 front bumper on a 3 door mk2 car and a 5 door front bumper on a mk2b 3 door car...what the hell was fiat thinking! Rofl :)

front ends are different for the wing shapes depending mk2 or 2b
rear end the shape of rear panel decides which bumper fits
to summarise
you have a mk2 3 door
so a mk 2 or mk2b rear bumper will fit if off a 3 door
on front any mk2 bumper will fit

fiat play the style game like most manufacturers;)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yea those are the bumpers ive found, i think I may have found a set for my mk2 but theyre in london, bit of a mission to get them

Back