Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 50,000mi - 99,999mi

Votes: 37 44.0%
  • 100,000mi - 200,000mi

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • More than 200,000mi

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
My Fantasia is wrapped in cotton wool until the gritters retire for the Summer so the mileage is a minuscule 55,000

My Panda Parade had 312,406 miles on the clock when she was written off by a Polish Laguna driver.

Guff 1 Cinquecento had 183,000 miles.

My Seicento Sporting had 98,000 miles when the block decided it needed some air.

My Panda Bianca had 78,000 miles when I sold her to a friend who decided to try fitting a Novadose body kit, failed and scrapped the car. :(

My 16V Punto has 48,000 miles when the cam belt went (it was actually water pump bearing failure not the 2,000 mile old belt). :rolleyes:

My other Cinquecentos were both over 100,000. 166,678 when I sold one and 191,419 when the other was written off.

I once had a 1986 1000CL Panda with 561,000 on the clock. A worn omega beam bush scrapped that car - the part cost more than a scruffy old panda was worth at the time.
The engine still felt fine......unknown service history (if any) and thoroughly thrashed at all times.

Shocked, 300,000 miles.
On an original engine? Really? How on earth? :eek:

I'd expect any well maintained engine to do that. Our 998cc Petrol Yaris has 168k on the clock and can easily see that doing double the mileage.

Petrol Engines I'd expect to see 300k on before big issues, and Diesels double that. Its lack of mechanical empathy and maintenance which normally kills engines.

There have been quite a number of Panda's reported in the 250-350k range. I was speaking to someone at the NEC who did over 500k in an Uno on the original engine, gearbox, etc he said - amazing really!!

My Panda 4x4 is apparently a youngster at 127k but it's still the highest mileage car I've owned. (y)

Highest mileage I've seen in person was a Diesel Pug 205 a few years back with between 320-370k on the clock (can't remember exactly, but was well into 300k). Was still running strong also until my mate scrapped it, I said he should have sold it on with no MOT as he couldn't be bother to, I think it would still have been on the road now if so.

just see this on puntomk2.co.uk

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just wondered if my good old Fiat Punto 1.2 8v sets any sort of a record. I have owned it from new (registered Sept 2004) and have just clocked up 290,508 miles (it only had 17 miles on the clock when I bought it). Looking forward to passing 300,000 miles.

I have to say it is one of the best cars I've owned.

i asked the guy on puntomk2.co.uk if he was on original headgasket, this was his reply

Hi Dave,

No problem with reposting it.

Yes, it still has the original Headgasket. I have done very little maintainence to the car. I stopped having it serviced at the Fiat garage at about 60,000 miles, when the warranty ran out (after 12 months!) and have only really changed the oil (ocassionally) and the front disc brakes, every so often. Have had a couple of cam belt changes, new shock absorber and a track rod end at the last MOT, and a new clutch at 240,000 miles, a new gear lever change cable and a new radiator fan. Oh and a new battery two years ago. I changed the spark plugs recently and realised that the old set I was taking out must have done nearly 100,000 miles!

It justs shows that there are some cars you can pretty much neglect and they keep on working in spite of that. That is why I love my old Punto.

Steve

now where are them people that say fiats are unreliable

My Punto MK2 8v is on 122k last time I checked it before swapping the speedo over for another one cause i had two missing self-test lights no biggy, now I would like to say it's been faultless but then I'd be lying through my teeth....:p

But to say I've only had really minor issues like power steering motor, starter motor, thermostat and handbrake, but then theres the welding I had done in jan this year to pass MOT but any car is prone to rust/corrosion so can't base that on Fiats :)

As others have said it really is down to the owner to service it properly to get your moneys worth out of it if you don't expect it to fail simple as that, which some people fail to do buy the car and expect to drive it for 5 years thinking it won't breakdown....poor car....

Benny

I must be hard on them...my uno gearbox was on the verge of letting go at 41k (engine was sweet though)...highest mileage one was a punto 55s which I got rid of at 86k when the piston slap started to sound like a traction engine on could starts (that one was my fault it never went anywhere at less than flatout) and the 85 16v did a whole 68k before it needed a new motor despite being fully historied and serviced every 6k.

I must be hard on them...my uno gearbox was on the verge of letting go at 41k (engine was sweet though)...highest mileage one was a punto 55s which I got rid of at 86k when the piston slap started to sound like a traction engine on could starts (that one was my fault it never went anywhere at less than flatout) and the 85 16v did a whole 68k before it needed a new motor despite being fully historied and serviced every 6k.
Sounds like a lot of bad luck. I don't blame you for the switch to a Suzuki in that case, even if it isn't really my taste.

The Bravo 1.2 has 145k miles, still racking them up, still drives like new. Let's not talk about the van....

Highest mileage seen on a Fiat was my own Bravo TD100, 582k miles (y)

Saw my dad's old TD100 about 3 years ago, still as a taxi. He sold it when it was 2 years old with 96k miles, would loved to have seen what was on it then :cool:

Back