General New car any suggestions?

Currently reading:
General New car any suggestions?

ayrshiredude

Hi guys well its about time for me to think about a getting a new car. I have enjoyed my Punto Evo Sporting which has generally served me well. I love how it drives and the 135 BHP gives it plenty of go.

Now I am not sure what to go for. Fiat seem to have given up on the Punto (is it about to die?) and the 500 isn't really for me. I have been looking at the new Ford Fiesta Zetec S which is pretty well specked. It has Ford's new 1.0l ecoboost engine which gives 125 BHP and 65 mpg. I'm just not sure.

Anyone else got any ideas for something about the same kinda spec as the Evo Sporting?

Thanks I look forward to your suggestions :)

The next punto is *due* to be released as MY2014 so they haven't given up. But if you're looking at leaving the fiat's, you can look at the likes of the VW Polo GTI (180PS TSI @ 44mpg) and the VAG alternatives (Seat and Skoda), The Clio cup (Or whatever its called these days).

But remember, you will struggle to get the same spec for the price of the punto with other manufacturers.

And what do you think about Mito? Its comming new model for this year. Well, its a facelift. Not completley new. And what scoop said. You will not find same spec car from Ford, and VW for Fiat price. No chance.

The next punto is *due* to be released as MY2014 so they haven't given up. QUOTE]

YES , the current PUNTO has stopped production..BUT - the new one has been revealed to FIAT UK dealers , and is apparently the same as the current 2013 PUNTO - cosmetically at least - wether there is Another change of engines remains to be seen,

180 M - jet would be nice..!!,
Charlie

Punto 2012 was serie 6... Actually serie 7 starts.

Major change is only 2 base models (here in Switzerland at least) : Easy and Loung (the two for 3 and 5 doors).
Sport is now a pack.

No other major changes it seems.

The next punto is *due* to be released as MY2014 so they haven't given up. But if you're looking at leaving the fiat's, you can look at the likes of the VW Polo GTI (180PS TSI @ 44mpg) and the VAG alternatives (Seat and Skoda), The Clio cup (Or whatever its called these days).

But remember, you will struggle to get the same spec for the price of the punto with other manufacturers.

I'm probably very biased, but I've recently traded in my Punto Evo Sporting and got the Seat Ibiza Bocanegra. I can personally vouch for the 180bhp TSI engine with DSG.. it's on a whole different level to what the Punto offers.

I've clocked readings of 6.5 secs to 60 in mine, with an incredible engine noise (especially from inside the cabin) plus being able to easily surpass 40mpg when needs be. Cheap to insure (even with me being only 21) and cheap to run.

GET A VW Engine!.. just not the Skoda ;)

Cheeky vid of my acceleration after it's warmed up :)

Except the engine, Seat is not as exciting and cheap made..

And compare what is comparable, compare your 180 TSI with Punto Abarth SS, not a sporting with 105HP.

And you are on Fiat Forum :devil:

Re: Re: New car any suggestions?

I'm probably very biased, but I've recently traded in my Punto Evo Sporting and got the Seat Ibiza Bocanegra. I can personally vouch for the 180bhp TSI engine with DSG.. it's on a whole different level to what the Punto offers.

I've clocked readings of 6.5 secs to 60 in mine, with an incredible engine noise (especially from inside the cabin) plus being able to easily surpass 40mpg when needs be. Cheap to insure (even with me being only 21) and cheap to run.

GET A VW Engine!.. just not the Skoda ;)

Cheeky vid of my acceleration after it's warmed up :)
SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra Acceleration 0-60 and 80 - YouTube

Are you trying to convince us or yourself? I never could understand people that buy a 'different' car then go back and try and justify their decision to others. You've bought it, you love it, great. You then move on, not hang around. Or do you just regret not buying a Fiat lol.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself? I never could understand people that buy a 'different' car then go back and try and justify their decision to others. You've bought it, you love it, great. You then move on, not hang around. Or do you just regret not buying a Fiat lol.

Ha, believe me I'm convinced! I was simply reading this and noticed someone recommend one of the VW group engines, which i coincidentally have. I hardly started a thread saying 'Move away from Fiat' did I ;)

Fiat will probably always be my fave manufacturer, and if it weren't for insurance reasons, I'd more than likely be sat in an Abarth SS over the Bocanegra.

(And I still love the Fiat forum! :))

VW having a lot problems with engines. Diesel and petrol. I hope you will not have any, but Fiat engines are probably the best on market, and definetly better then VW. VW is having good marketing. Nothing else.

Yeah right like im gonna beleive that 65 mpg is actually archievable in real life!
Go for a MiTo! !

No of course not but then my Punto book states 50.4 mpg combined, never gonna get that either. The stated fuel consumption is never achievable however the higher it is to start the higher it is gonna be. 50.4 mpg and I get about 40 mpg so 65 mpg should be above 50 mpg in real life.

I had thought about the Mito however it doesn't get good reviews. Considering it is basically just a Punto with a different body it is quite a bit more expensive.

No of course not but then my Punto book states 50.4 mpg combined, never gonna get that either. The stated fuel consumption is never achievable however the higher it is to start the higher it is gonna be. 50.4 mpg and I get about 40 mpg so 65 mpg should be above 50 mpg in real life.

I had thought about the Mito however it doesn't get good reviews. Considering it is basically just a Punto with a different body it is quite a bit more expensive.

I also considered the Mito.. It's tough because as said above, getting something with the same/similar performance to the Sporting at the same kind of price is going to be really difficult. There's other options like the Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart or maybe even the DS3 THP 16V DSPORT.. but they don't really return the economy you may be after.

It's a tough one!

Back